If the Indian cricket team head coach Ravi Shastri is to be believed, then he has a strong viewpoint. He has a firm conviction that the group of 1985 was skilfully better than the side that won the 1983 World Cup since it was an ideal mix of youth and experience. He persuaded that the class of India’s 1985 group, of which he too was an intricate and an indispensable pinion, was such it could inconvenience even the present group led ahead by Virat Kohli.
Shastri was the key man in the year 1985 when the group under the charge of then captain Sunil Gavaskar won the World Championship of Cricket. He was the saint of team India’s triumph down under in Australia and had won the well-known Audi vehicle for being awarded the ‘player of the tournament’.
In this context, we will make a Dream11 Match prediction on why Ravi Shastri made this comment. As it seems natural the head coach has a pivotal role to play in the current Indian men’s cricket set up. Marshaling his bandwagon of the Indian national side.
Having assumed a huge job in the group’s command in world cricket across all the three formats. The coach has a very strong view of the team of 1985.
He is quoted as saying that no question exists about the skills and strengths of the Indian team of ‘85. He feels that the unit would give any team that India puts up in white-ball cricket, a run for their money.
He also feels that no other Indian team is a match to that team of years gone by. Shastri had said this during the ‘Sony Ten Pit Stop’ show on the channel’s Facebook page.
The Indian men’s team head coach has another viewpoint to add on to the above. He feels that the 1985 unit was far agile, skilled, and plain better over the ones which brought laurels to the nation before it.
The coach has one strong statement to make. The Indian coach also has a strong feeling for the Indian men’s team of 1985. He is of the view that this unit was qualitatively better than the side that won the 1983 Cricket World Cup against the mighty West Indies as it was a perfect blend of youth and experience.
He shares his viewpoints and feelings by giving valid justifications for the same. Presenting these outwards rights to the world, out with everyone saying that he felt it hence could make this strong statement.
Adding on by hinting at that as he was part of both the teams, the 1983 World Cup-winning Indian side and in the 1985 Indian national cricket team unit.
Viewing outright with a deep insight into a man to man perspective, as high as 80 percent of that 83 team were still there. But then some of the youngsters that made it through the team line up.
The likes of Laxmana Sivaramakrishnan, Sadanand Vishwanath, Mohammed Azharuddin, those kinds of guys came in to add to the experience you already had of the 83 line up.
Shastri views this as enormous and plain fantastic. He believes that winning a Test series down under in Australia in 2018-2019 for the first time in 71 years was special.
But when it came to white-ball cricket the team of 85 was something else. He seems very boastful and proud sharing that it is great to be part of those two teams, as a head coach in that series in Australia, is going to be very special and hard to beat because that team wasn’t beaten in 71 years by any Asian team.
There have been plenty of sides from various cricket playing nations who have gone there, tried their level best and it is known worldwide how tough it is to beat Australia in Australia in Test match cricket. However, talking of white-ball cricket you cannot beat the 1985 team as a player. To win both is purely fantastic and sheer brilliance.
Recalling an instance from those years Ravi Shastri shared a rather funny anecdote. This happened whilst at a team meeting before the final against Pakistan, Ravi imitated what Kapil Dev shared in his typical English.
Kapil was quoted as saying that, if he would win a car, he keeps 25 percent (this by the virtue of selling) and the rest 75 percent he would share. Jimmy came in and said that “Yaar jisko mila mila” or whoever gets it, will get it.
Adding on he shared that when his turn came, he mentioned it loud and clear, that if he would win it, he was going to keep the car and would only share the car Stepney,” Ravi Shastri mentioned this in his typical witty tongue-in-cheek style.
The head coach is firm on his views that the team of 85 would give any Indian side a hard time on the field.
The final day of the BGMI: Rising is here! The competition began on June 1…
The top 16 teams of the BGMI: Rising Launch Party tournaments have qualified for the…
Sri Lanka and Afghanistan are set to clash once again in the second match of…
Welcome to SL vs AFG Dream11 Prediction for Today’s Match Fantasy Cricket Tips. On Sunday,…
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has announced a 16-member squad for the first…
The Indian Premier League (IPL) has established itself as the top T20 cricket tournament globally,…