NZ vs WI Dream11 Team Prediction | 1st T20I | West Indies Tour Of New Zealand | 27th Nov 2020
New Zealand and West Indies will lock horns for a mouthwatering clash in the 1st T20I on Friday. New Zealand will be playing without a few of their star players including the skipper Kane Williamson. Tim Southee will be leading the team. New Zealand has lost their last 7 T20Is, a stat the team is not proud of. They will be looking to bounce back here.
On the other hand, Kieron Pollard-led West Indies aren’t enjoying a great run as well. However, the team has plenty of T20 specialists who are fresh from the IPL. The likes of Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer certainly boost their chance of winning the match. Let’s go through our Dream11 Team Prediction for the 1st T20I between New Zealand and West Indies.
Date & Time: 27th November 2020, 11:30 AM IST
Venue: Eden Park, Auckland
The conditions at Eden Park are batsmen-friendly and has short boundaries. Both the teams are likely to field more pacers than spinners. Talking about the climate, we might see drizzles tomorrow.
Average 1st inns score at this venue- 168
Average 2nd inns score at this venue- 151
Highest team score at this venue- 245
Lowest team score at this venue- 107
Matches won by the team batting first- 9
Matches won by the team batting second- 10
Head to Head
Total T20Is- 13
New Zealand won- 3
West Indies won- 6
New Zealand- L, L, L, L, L
West Indies- W, W, W, No result, L
New Zealand– Tim Southee (C), Ross Taylor, Kyle Jamieson, Devon Conway, Martin Guptill, Hamish Bennett, Jimmy Neesham, Tim Seifert (WK), Glenn Philips(WK), Mitchell Santner, Lockie Ferguson, Ish Sodhi.
West Indies– Kieron Pollard (C), Nicholas Pooran (WK), Andre Fletcher, Shimron Hetmyer, Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Rovman Powell, Keemo Paul, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas, Hayden Walsh, Kesrick Williams, and Romario Shepherd.
NZ vs WI Dream11 Team News:
- In the absence of Kane Williamson, New Zealand are likely to hand the debut cap to Devon Conway. He averages close to 40 in T20s and has 2221 runs from 68 matches.
- Glenn Phillips was a part of Jamaica Tallawahs in the CPL this year. He ended up as the 2nd leading run-scorer of the tournament with 316 runs.
- Kyle Jamieson is in terrific form and has 20 wickets from his last 5 innings in First-class cricket. In his last outing for Auckland, he also scored 51 runs.
- Kieron Pollard captained TKR in the CPL 2020 which remained unbeaten throughout the tournament. He then went on to win the IPL trophy as well. In both the tournaments, he contributed with the bat too, and had a strike-rate above 190.
- Nicholas Pooran will be the key player in the line-up. He had an excellent outing in the IPL where he ended up scoring 353 runs with a strike-rate close to 170. He is likely to play in the top order here.
- Kesrick Williams was one of the star players in the CPL. He is likely to lead the bowling attack for West Indies. He had 13 wickets in the CPL while giving away just 8.93 runs per over.
NZ vs WI Dream11 Prediction, Line-Ups, Playing 11:
NZ Playing 11:
Wicket-keeper: Tim Seifert, Glenn Phillips
Batsmen: Devon Conway, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor
All-rounders: Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner
Bowlers: Tim Southee, Kyle Jamieson, Lockie Ferguson, Ish Sodhi
WI Playing 11:
Wicket-keeper: Nicholas Pooran
Batsmen: Andre Fletcher, Brandon King, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell
All-rounders: Kieron Pollard(C), Keemo Paul, Fabian Allen
Bowlers: Oshane Thomas, Sheldon Cottrell, Kesrick Williams
Captain Pick for NZ vs WI Dream11 Team
Option 1: Martin Guptill
Martin Guptill will lead the batting attack of New Zealand. The opener has 2536 T20I runs with a strike-rate close to 135. At this venue, he has 571 runs from 14 innings which includes a ton.
Option 2: Shimron Hetmyer
Shimron Hetmyer was underutilized in the IPL. However, he holds the key in this competition. Hetmyer has 1560 T20 runs with a strike-rate close to 133.
Option 1: Kieron Pollard
Kieron Pollard will be a good option for the vice-captain in the fantasy side because he can contribute with both bat and ball. In the IPL, he had 268 runs with a strike-rate of 191.42. He averaged 53.60 in the tournament.
Option 2: Lockie Ferguson
The conditions will be ideal for Lockie Ferguson who is known for his pinpoint yorkers. In his last T20I match against Sri Lanka at this same venue, he ended up with the figures of 3 for 21.
Top 5 Picks For NZ vs WI Dream11 Team Prediction, 1st T20I:
Ross Taylor- 267 innings– 6304 runs – 31.20 average
M Santner – 44 T20I matches – 52 wickets – 7.36 economy rate – 282 runs
Tim Seifert – 24 T20I matches- 457 runs- 139.76 strike-rate
Andre Fletcher – 42 T20I matches – 765 runs – 21.25 average
Sheldon Cottrell – 27 T20I matches – 36 wickets – 7.84 economy rate
You can check out our Latest Dream11 Match Predictions for all the matches.
Best NZ vs WI Dream11 Fantasy Team Combinations:
Head To Head
NZ vs WI Team11 Team Prediction: Who will win the match
Since New Zealand will be missing a few key players, they are likely to struggle a bit. West Indies, on the other hand, have a lot of power-hitters who are also in good form. West Indies will begin this match as the favorites.
Get All Fantasy Cricket Tips, Head-to-Head, and Grand League Team - Click Here