Valve announced Counter Strike 2 last week. This led to immense excitement from the fans, so much so that the player record for CS:GO hit an all time peak.
Players have had the opportunity to test out some of the features of Counter Strike 2 and provide developers with feedback through the Limited Test. As the game gets closer to its final debut later this year, the developers also have a chance to fix any significant issues.
The first update for the game has been made available by Valve in an effort to enhance the experience. Many of the key problems with the game that players have pointed up during the Limited Test have been fixed in the update. Fixes for the user interface, audio, and graphics are included.
Counter Strike 2 Update Patch Notes
The update’s general objetives are to enhance fairplay in the game and overall game experience. On the game’s official website, users can view the complete changelog for the update.
- Fixed common asserts.
- Removed Trade-Up contract UI for Limited Test.
- Fixed multiple items showing up in the inspect panel.
- Use correct audio device name when user picks “default” device.
- Added weapon drop sounds to minimap distance broadcast.
- Lowered volume of some dust2 ambience.
- Added some missing ui sounds.
- Lowered volume of flashbang ringing and volume ducking effect.
- Reduced stereo spread of grenade explosions.
- Fixed phasing with deathmatch kill bonus sound.
- Fixed various game crashes.
- Smoke bullet holes are now fixed relative to the firstperson camera.
- Smoke grenades dropped in small crevices no longer detonate on the incorrect side of thin walls.
- Players can no longer pick up weapons while dead during a competitive match.
- Fixed dropping weapons during the team intro.
- Fixed +voicerecord getting stuck on when held during team intro and released after.
- Chat messages sent during end of match no longer show players as DEAD if they were dead at the end of the last round.
- Fixed handling game input keys such as +voicerecord while panorama has focus.
- Added netgraph.
- Fixed flickering with MSAA.
- Fixed smoke cloud volume lighting.
- Fixed stencil issue on glass when MSAA is disabled.
- Updated various weapon finishes based on community feedback.
Thus, the first update includes a number of gameplay improvements and bug fixes.
Also Read: Valorant Altitude Skin Collection Details, Price, Release Date