Jacques Kallis, the right-handed all-rounder is the former South African cricketer who was born on October 16, 1975, in Pinelands, Cape Town. During his school days, Kallis joined in and played cricket for Wynberg Boys’ High School. He laid down a good foundation for himself as an incredible all-rounder in Northern England playing for Netherfield CC where he had a short spell. There, he scored 791 runs in 14 matches with an average of 98.87.
He made his test debut in December 1995 against England. Kallis had a sluggish beginning to his profession however accepted his first significant break in 1997 against Pakistan, where he scored a historical 61-run knock. On another occasion, he helped South Africa save a match against Australia that very year at the Melbourne Cricket Ground by scoring a magnificently memorable century.
Barely any players who have a place in the present age or era are a superior fit for the idea of the old-styled cricketer, Mr. Kallis. He is a fine, strong batsman who has available to him both an unshakable method and a brain impenetrable to interruption. However his job as a bowler decreases with each passing season, he will be recognized as a purveyor of here and their amazing speed and swing, and off-kilter bounce. In the slips, his definite handedness and rattlesnake reflexes made absurd catches look guidelines.
Kallis declared himself as a batsman of global height in his seventh Test, the drawn Boxing Day epic at Melbourne in 1997 when he scored a battling 101 on a ragged last-day pitch. Not even Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne could make him walk back to the pavilion before he had everything except saved the game for South Africa.
Throughout the long term, Kallis has conveyed numerous such innings, performances in which coarseness is an undeniably more important product than glamour to a South African team that stays more positive about the field and with its pacers in full cry than as a batting unit. Kallis energetically bore the role of the fulcrum around which the wheel should attempt to turn. However, infrequently, he has spread out a stroke of alarming hostility that clues at what may have been.
Surely, his lofted drive, which started with a threatening backlift prior to uncoiling into the overpowering force of a powerful descending plunge of the bat and finishing in a spin of Baroque, may be depicted as Mozart moving. In the lightning glimmer of that transient moment, it truly appears as though Kallis could, in the expressions of one spectator, hit a six at whatever point he felt like it.
Jacques Kallis’ Net Worth
Notwithstanding the fact that it is difficult to get the exact information about the salary and assets but approximately Kallis’ total net worth is estimated to be around $ 110 million as in 2018. He is considered to be one of the richest players born in South Africa. The majority of his net worth or income came from cricket.
Jacques Kallis’ Source of Income
Jacques’ chief source of income is from cricket, be it playing for his country or coaching England or Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) or even playing in the Indian Premier League. In 2014, his salary in terms that of IPL was Rs. 5.5 crores and his total IPL income are estimated to be Rs. 34.2 crores which rest him at a rank of 53 in the IPL Salary Rank.
Jacques Kallis Salary Year-wise
Jacques KallisBrand Endorsements
Kallis, a high-skilled personality as he is, he has been the utmost have-in-hand for many brands and has become the face of them. And his endorsements include the likes of Events by Nick Nicolaou. It was in 2005 when he first started the Jacques Kallis Sponsorship Foundation with a crystal-clear motive of funding and encouraging young people to reach their maximum academic and sporting potential.
Some of his endorsements are as followed:
- Funxion Fusion Events & Décor
- Bona Dea Private Estate
Jacques Kallis Social Media Appearances
Kallis has been a sensation both on the ground and on the social sphere which is quite evident from his challenge in 2019’s November where he shaved his beard and mustache by half which made his fans go gaga all around social media.
|Social Media Platforms||Follower|
Jacques Kallis Cars
Although Kallis has a great liking for cars particularly not much is known about the list of his cars except that of the Audi R8 and Chevrolet Lumina SS.
Jacques Kallis Personal & Family Life
|Full Name||Jacques Henry Kallis|
|Nick Name||Kalahari, Jackes, Woogie|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1975|
|Education||School Wynberg Boys’ High school|
|Son||Joshua Henry Kallis|
Kallis imparted a cozy relationship to his father, Henry, whom Kallis referred to as his essential impact. His sister Janine Kallis, five years younger than him, was a cheerleader in the Indian Premier League 2009 and is likewise a physiotherapist situated in East London. At the point when it was found that his father had terminal cancer, Kallis took time out of cricket to spent the last moments with his dad.
It was in January 2019 when Kallis finally married Charlene Engels and a year later the amazing couple happily welcomed their first child, Joshua Henry Kallis on March 11, last year.
Jacques Kallis’ Career Stats
Jacques Kallis Batting Performances
Jacques Kallis Bowling Performances
|Test||272||292||6/54 v ENG|
|ODI||283||273||5/30 v WI|
|World Cup||32||21||3/26 v SL|
|T20||19||12||4/15 v ZIM|
|IPL||89||65||3/13 v SRH|
|CL||12||12||3/16 v GUY|
Jacques Kallis Achievements
- Test Batting: Career-high points – 935
- Test Bowling: Career-high points – 742
- Test All-rounders: Career-high points – 616
- ODI Batting: Career-high points – 817
- ODI Bowling: Career-high points – 641
- ODI All-rounders: Career-high points – 506
- First & the only player in the history of cricket to achieve the 10,000 runs mark in Tests & ODI each and more than 200 wickets in the Tests and ODIs each
- He was also the first bowler to take a fifer in ICC Champions Trophy history.
- He was also the only bowler to take a 5 wicket haul in the finals of the ICC Champions Trophy(in the 1998 ICC KnockOut Trophy tournament)
- Additionally, Kallis was also the first player to bag the Player of the Match (Final), as well as the Player of the Tournament awards in ICC Champions Trophy.
- He along with Graeme Smith set the record for the highest ever partnership for any wicket as debutants in T20 Internationals(84 for the 1st wicket)
- He holds the record for winning most number of Man of the Match awards in Test Cricket i.e. 23.
Unknown Facts Jacques Kallis
- Jacques Kallis doesn’t smoke but loves to drink wine.
- He likes golf and is also a life member of Leopard Creek golf club.
Frequently Asked Questiions About Jacques Kallis
Yes, Kallis is married.
Kallis believes in Hinduism.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Salary, Property, Affairs
- Rishabh Pant Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Salary, Property, Affairs
- Shane McMahon Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs
- Isha Negi (Rishabh Pant’s Girlfriend) Net Worth, Income, Age, Family, Social Media, Property, Affairs