Who is KL Rahul?
Kannur Lokesh Rahul is an Indian Cricketer, who is commonly in the Cricketing world as KL Rahul. He was born on April 18 in 1992. KL Rahul plays in Domestic Cricket for Karnataka and is the Captain of the Kings XI Punjab franchise of the IPL.
He is also a regular member of the Indian Cricket Team in ODIs, Tests and T20s. The role of KL Rahul in the Team is of a right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper.
Rahul launched into the international Cricketing arena in 2014 and went on to score his 1st Test ton in only his second Test game. He also emerged as the first Indian to hit a century in his ODI debut match. He is also only the 3rd Indian to have scored a century in all formats of the international Cricket – Tests, ODIs and T20s.
KL Rahul’s Early Life –
Kannur Lokesh Rahul was born on 18 April 1992 to Rajeshwari and K.N. Lokesh in Mangalore city of the Indian state of Karnataka. His father happens to be a Former Director and a professor at the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK). On the other hand, his mother is a professor at Mangalore University. Rahul’s father was a big fan of Sunil Gavaskar. He wanted to name his son as Gavaskar but took the name of Rohan Gavaskar mistakenly as Rahul.
Rahul was brought in Mangalore and completed his High Schooling at the NITK English Medium School and did his Pre-University at the St. Aloysius College. He began his Cricket training at a tender age of 10. Two years down the line, Rahul started featuring for Bangalore United Cricket Club and Mangalore Club. He moved to Bangalore at the age of 18 to pursue his Cricket career and study at the Jain University.
KL Rahul Wiki –
Here is some basic information about KL Rahul like his age, height, date of birth & all the basic stuff.
|Full name||Kannur Lokesh Rahul|
|Nickname||the Universe Boss|
|Date of Birth||18th April 1992|
|Age||28 Years ( in 2020)|
|Place of Birth||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||NITK English Medium School, Surathkal|
|College||Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bengaluru|
|Body Colour||Light Brown|
KL Rahul Girlfriend, Family –
KL Rahul family consists of his parents and a younger sister. He has a very small and sweet nuclear family
|Marital Status||Not married|
KL Rahul GF –
KL Rahul is rumored to be dating Sunil Shetty’s daughter, Athiya Shetty. They have been spotted together by the paparazzi numerous times. KL Rahul even posted a photo with her on his Instagram, with a caption “Hello, Devo Prasad?”. It is safe to say that Athiya Shetty is KL Rahul’s Girlfriend.
Here is the Instagram post of KL Rahul and Athiya Shetty together.
KL Rahul Instagram, Twitter –
KL Rahul is very active on Instagram and Twitter, he has over 9 Million followers on both the platforms combined. He regularly updates his social media handles, to let his fans what he is up to at all times.
To check out, KL Rahul Instagram account click here.
To check out, KL Rahul Twitter handle, click here.
KL Rahul Tattoo –
KL Rahul is one of India’s most Loved Players. He holds an excellent reputation both On & Off Field. One thing that everyone might have noticed that he has a lot of tattoos on his body. He mostly has warrior style tattoos all over his body. He almost has 15 Tattoos on his body. Here is a list of all KL Rahul Tattoo –
- A Lighthouse on his left forearm.
- A clock on his Biceps.
- A Deshi-Basara script on his right forearm.
- A 284 Tattoo written in Roman numerals.
- Mother’s name Rajeshwari Tattoo on his left wrist.
- Dad’s name Lokesh Tatto on his right wrist.
- A Giant Wing on his Back.
- A tattoo of his pet Dog Simba tattooed on his back.
- Number 1 tattoo on his left hand, which is his jersey number in Indian cricket team
- An All-seeing eye on his left bicep.
- Number XI tattoo on his biceps.
- A rose tattoo on his left hand.
- Arrows tattoo on his left hand.
- An owl tattoo on his left hand.
- Water, Air and Sun Tattoo across his body.
- Key with ram horns on his forearm.
KL Rahul Net Worth 2020 – Salary, Business, and Endorsements
|BCCI salary||₹ 5 crore|
|IPL Salary||₹11 crore|
|Net Worth||$4 Million dollars|
|Brand Endorsment||Puma, Cure.fit, Gully, RBI|
Kannur Lokesh Rahul happens to be the next big thing in Indian Cricket. The young Cricketer has garnered a lot of praise in the recent past owing to his one-in-all package. He is a stylish right-handed bat with many shots in his arsenal. The best thing is that he is ready to play at any position in the playing XI and score runs. What’s more, he is also a handy wicketkeeper and has proven his potential on numerous occasions. As things stand today, the net worth of Rahul is estimated to be around $4 million. KL Rahul is currently in the best form of his career – scoring runs in the match after match for India. Without an iota of doubt, he is among the best produces of India and one of the top batsmen in the game’s shortest format.
Although KL Rahul showed extreme class in recent opportunities given in T20 and ODIs and showing signs of progress in the Test Cricket, he was dropped. But that does not regard him anything less a classic modern day player. With abilities that he possesses, he will soon be getting included in the Test Team of India.
He features for his home state Karnataka in the Ranji Trophy, and he has risen in the ranks after coming up with back to back sizzling performances in First Class. He also represents the Kings XI Punjab and will Captain the side in the IPL 2020 season. The 13th season of the Indian Premier League has been postponed to April 15, 2020, owing to COVID-19 outbreak in India and across the globe.
The Net Worth of KL Rahul at a Glance –
As per the reports by Forbes, the earnings of Kannur Lokesh Rahul in 2019 were Rs.23.19 crore, and he was placed on 34th rank in Forbes Celebrity 100 List. He has slowly risen to the ranks over the years. As of 2020, his net worth is reported to be around Rs.27 crores.
Yearly Salary –
In the Annual Player Contract List of Players by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Rahul was upgraded to the A Grade Category and is receiving Rs.5 crore. He also gets a game fee of Rs.3 lakh for a Test match, Rs.2 lakh for ODI and Rs.1.5 lakh for T20. He also keeps getting many performance-based cash rewards for hitting a ton, 50, and a double century, along with Man of the Match/Series performances.
In the IPL Auction 2018, KL Rahul was one of the most prized Indian buys. He was being provided with a retainer fee of Rs.11 crore for playing for the Kings XI Punjab.
KL Rahul has almost earned ₹ 371,000,000 from IPL, here is a detailed breakdown of that figure.
|2020 (Retain)||Kings XI Punjab||₹ 11,00,00,000|
|2019 (Retain)||Kings XI Punjab||₹ 11,00,00,000|
|2018||Kings XI Punjab||₹ 11,00,00,000|
|2017 (Injured)||Royal Challengers Bangalore||₹ 1,00,00,000|
|2016 (Transfer)||Royal Challengers Bangalore||₹ 1,00,00,000|
|2015||Sunrisers Hyderabad||₹ 1,00,00,000|
|2014||Sunrisers Hyderabad||₹ 1,00,00,000|
|2013||Royal Challengers Bangalore||₹ 10,00,000|
|Total||Total amount earned||₹ 37,10,00,000|
Business Ventures and Endorsements –
KL Rahul generates most of his earnings by playing mainstream Cricket being a regular member of the Indian Team in almost all formats and even for Kings XI Punjab (IPL). Nonetheless, he also features in diverse brand endorsements for brands such as Cure.fit, Zenovit, Reserve Bank of India, Puma and Gully. Among his recent deals, one features a 3-year long endorsement with Puma and with Zenovit. His monthly earnings are $1,50,000 as he is the brand ambassador for Cure.fit.
However, there was a reduction in the number of endorsements that he was doing owing to his and Hardik Pandya’s irresponsible comments in Koffee with Karan Show.
KL Rahul Car & Assets –
- He owns a house in Mangalore worth Rs.65 lakhs
- 1 Rs.75 lakhs worth Mercedes AMG C43 SUV
- 4 Cars that are not yet disclosed but pegged to be of up to Rs.25 crores
Favorite Actor, Actress, Movie, Car, Food and beyond –
The hobbies of KL Rahul include playing Football and Tennis, tattooing, listening to music, and gaming on PlayStation.
His favorite actor is Ranbir Kapoor, while beloved actresses include Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor and Scarlett Johansson.
KL Rahul Stats & Cricket Career–
Now we take a look Rahul’s Cricket Career & some of his major cricket stats
|Batting style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast|
|Jersey Number||#1, 11 (India) & #1, 11 (Domestic)|
|Teams for which he played||India, Karnataka, East Zone, South Zone, Royal Challengers Bangalore, India A, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Indians, Hubli Tigers, Indian Board Presidents XI, Bellary Tuskers, Kings XI Punjab, Asia XI|
ICC Player Rankings –
Rahul’s Career Statistics –
|Test debut||vs Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Dec 26, 2014|
|Last Test||vs West Indies at Sabina Park, Aug 30, 2019|
|ODI debut||vs Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club, Jun 11, 2016|
|Last ODI||vs South Africa at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Mar 15, 2020|
|T20 debut||vs Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club, Jun 18, 2016|
|Last T20||vs New Zealand at Bay Oval, Feb 02, 2020|
|IPL debut||vs Kolkata Knight Riders at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Apr 11, 2013|
|Last IPL||vs Chennai Super Kings at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, May 05, 2019|
|First-class debut||Punjab v Karnataka at Mohali, Nov 10-13, 2010|
|Last First-class||Bengal v Karnataka at Kolkata, Feb 29-Mar 3, 2020|
KL Rahul‘s Batting & Fielding Stats –
Lokesh Rahul Career Journey at a glance –
- Rahul started his Domestic Cricket career in 2010 by playing for Karnataka.
- KL Rahul was brought by the IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab in 2013. His current price is Rs.11 crore with the highest bid being around Rs.11 crore.
- Currently playing for KXIP, he had also featured for IPL Teams like Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) over the seasons.
- His jersey number is 11.
- He has featured in IPL seasons between 2013 and 2019 so far.
- Rahul has played 53 IPL games so far and scored a total of 1384 runs. He has also succeeded in scoring half-century 11 times.
- Against Zimbabwe in June 2016, KL Rahul made his ODI debut.
- He made his T20 International debut Vs the minnows Zimbabwe in June 2016.
- He made his International Test debut against Australia in December 2014.
- Rahul uses SS branded bat while playing Cricket.
KL Rahul Controversies –
- During the 2016 Tour of West Indies, he posted with a Beer Bottle during a day off. His image went viral, and it was not liked by BCCI Officials as they believed it would send a negative image to his fans. After the objection of BCCI, Rahul deleted it immediately.
- While tweeting about Ravichandran Ashwin in February 2017, he followed him and got many replies and out of them one was by ‘BeingChirag Dave got his attention as a harsh one. He gave in to the temptation and gave him a sarcastic reply.
- He, along with Hardik Pandya, in the Talk Show of Karan Johar, Koffee With Karan in 2019 invited controversy owing to the duo’s sexist comments.
- Whether or not Rahul smokes is not known, but yes, he drinks alcohol.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Kannur Lokesh Rahul –
- KL Rahul was in a middle class family of Mangalore with teaching background.
- He had been a sports enthusiast ever since his childhood days – he used to play all sorts of sports.
- His parents encouraged him to play sports, but on condition that his grades will not go down, then he will need to stop playing. Surprisingly, he never let that happen throughout his academics.
- His father was a big fan of Sunil Gavaskar and wanted to name his son as the name of Gavaskar’s son. But he took it mistakenly Rohan as Rahul and named him Rahul.
- KL Rahul used to be a reserved kid but always mischievous.
- When he was 14, he used to feature for U-14 and U-16 Karnataka Teams.
- He considers Rahul Dravid, the classical batsman of the Indian Cricket as his Cricketing idol.
- He is taken as a stylish cricketer, and due to his inspiration from Rahul Dravid, he got himself tattooed at the age of 15. When his mother learned about it, she did not approve of it and did not talk with him for some time.
- He did his training for the Cricket at the Karnataka State Cricket Academy (KSCA).
- While playing for Karnataka in the First-Class Cricket, he had bullied Karun Nair, his junior Teammate a lot.
- During his initial days in the IPL, he struggled to prove himself during 2014 and 2015. Samual Jayaraj, his childhood Coach, helped him work on his technique to start playing aggressive Cricket. In turn, he came out as an improved batter who scored 397 runs in IPL 2016 at a strike rate of 146.
- Whenever he goes out to bat, he says ‘I am the best’ to himself to get supercharged and stay motivated.
- He would have been a Soldier if he was not a Cricketer.
- He is spiritual and goes to a Temple on Thursdays.
- He was deeply disappointed on 16 May 2018 (on close loss to Mumbai Indians) that despite adjudged ‘Man of the Match’ award, he presented to one of his fans in Mumbai.