- Match: Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals (DC vs RR)
- Date- 22nd April 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Wankhede, Mumbai
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 32℃
Delhi Capitals vs Rajasthan Royals (DC vs RR) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the DC vs RR Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Rajasthan Royals will face Delhi Capitals in the 34th match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Tuesday, 22 April 2022 at the Wankhede. Keep on reading for more information on the DC vs. RR game.
Delhi Capitals came to all guns blazing in their last match against Punjab Kings and registered IPL’s biggest victory in terms of remaining balls margin. They were down with covid uncertainty but Rishabh Pant brilliantly led the team and for the first time in the season, they looked ruthless. Again Warner and Shaw stole the show in the batting but it was spinners who were the main architect. Delhi will now look to build momentum from the last match’s heroics.
Delhi will be facing resurgent Rajasthan Royals who have been delivering consistent performances this season. Although they have been blessed with the individual brilliance of Jos Buttler in batting and Chahal in bowling but the overall team has also performed collectively. The spin twins of Chahal and Ashwin have been spinning their web in the middle overs against batsmen which is their main strength. They are in good shape and have won all matches batting first which is another positive.
Both teams are coming off a good win and the match will now be played at Wankhede where both teams lost their games. Rajasthan will be the favorites for this clash but past history favors Delhi as they have won 6 times in the last 8 encounters.
Top Batsmen for DC vs RR
- Jos Buttler (RR)- 6 Matches, 375 runs at 156 strike rate (this season)
- Shimron Hetmyer (RR)– 6 Matches, 223 runs at 179 strike rate (this season)
- Prithvi Shaw (DC)- 10 Matches, 361 runs at 167 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Rishabh Pant (DC)- 10 Matches, 226 runs at 142 strike rate (last 10 games)
Top Bowlers for DC vs RR
- Kuldeep Yadav (DC)- 6 Matches, 13 wickets at 7.86 economy (This season)
- Khaleel Ahmed (DC)- 5 Matches, 10 wickets at 7.15 economy (this season)
- Yuzvendra Chahal (RR)- 7 Matches, 19 wickets at 6.93 economy (last 7 games)
- Trent Boult (RR)- 6 Matches, 7 wickets at 7.83 economy (last 6 games)
DC vs RR Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If DC bats first
- First Innings score prediction- DC is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- RR will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If RR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- RR is expected to score 190
- Result prediction- RR will win the match by 10 runs.
DC vs RR Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
RR to win
Rajasthan Royals is one of the strongest teams this season and the extraordinary form of Jos Buttler and Chahal have added an extra flavor to their team. They have won all matches batting first which shows their all conditions ability and Wankhede would suit their bowlers as there is always some seam and swing movement under lights. Both teams are in good spirits but Rajasthan is likely to come out on top in this match.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Rajasthan Royals has not experimented much with their XI this season and is likely to go with the same team again
- Mitchell Marsh and Tim Seifert both are covid positive and unavailable for the match
- Delhi is also likely to go with the same team unless some extraordinary circumstances arise
DC vs RR Probable Playing 11
DC Playing XI
Prithvi Shaw, David Warner, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Rovman Powell, Sarfaraz Khan, Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mustafizur Rahman, Khaleel Ahmed
RR Playing XI
Jos Buttler, Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Karun Nair, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Obed McCoy, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal
Squad for DC vs RR, Match 34, IPL 2022
Prithvi Shaw, David Warner, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Rovman Powell, Sarfaraz Khan, Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mustafizur Rahman, Khaleel Ahmed, Anrich Nortje, Mandeep Singh, Srikar Bharat, Tim Seifert, Ashwin Hebbar, Praveen Dubey, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Chetan Sakariya, Ripal Patel, Yash Dhull, Vicky Ostwal, Lungi Ngidi
Jos Buttler, Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson(w/c), Rassie van der Dussen, Shimron Hetmyer, Ravichandran Ashwin, Riyan Parag, Trent Boult, Kuldeep Sen, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, James Neesham, Navdeep Saini, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Karun Nair, KC Cariappa, Daryl Mitchell, Obed McCoy, Tejas Baroka, Kuldip Yadav, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anunay Singh, Dhruv Jurel, Shubham Garhwal