- Match: England vs South Africa (ENG vs SA)
- Date- 22 July 2022
- Match Format- ODI
- Venue-Old Trafford Cricket Ground
- Time- 5:30 PM (IST)
- Weather- Hot (26 degrees Celsius)
England vs South Africa (ENG vs SA) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the ENG vs SA Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. South Africa will now face England in the ongoing ODI series on 22nd July 2022 at Old Trafford Cricket Ground. Keep on reading for more information on the ENG vs SA game.
England had a forgettable start to the ODI series as they were hammered by South Africa in the first match. On a good batting track, the South African top-order went berserk on Tuesday after winning the toss. Quinton de Kock went early but that didn’t affect the visitors from going for a big score.
The run hunt was led by Rassie van der Dussen who is in form of his life in this format. The top-order batter made the batting look easier as he raced to 134 from 117 deliveries. He was well supported by Janneman Malan and Aiden Markram who got to their half-centuries respectively.
Chasing 334, England had a positive start with a 102-run stand for the first wicket. When Jason Roy got out for 43, Jonny Bairstow was joined by Joe Root. Both the batters smashed half-centuries and when things were going well for the hosts, South African bowlers bounced back with quick wickets. As a result, the team fell 62 runs short of the target. Anrich Nortje, who grabbed four wickets, was the pick of the bowlers.
Top Batsmen for ENG vs SA
- Jason Roy– 43 runs, 69.35 strike rate
- Joe Root– 86 runs, 111.69 strike rate
- Aiden Markram– 77 runs, 126.23 strike rate
- Rassie van der Dussen– 134 runs, 114.53 strike rate
Top Bowlers for ENG vs SA
- Liam Livingstone– 2 wickets,7.50 economy rate
- Moeen Ali– 1 wicket, 5.88 economy rate
- Anrich Nortje– 4 wickets, 6 economy rate
- Aiden Markram– 2 wickets, 6.25 economy rate
ENG vs SA Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If ENG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- ENG is expected to score 290
- Result prediction- England are likely to win by 10 to 15 runs
Scenario 2- If SA bats first
- First Innings score prediction- SA is expected to score 330
- Result prediction- South Africa will win the match by 30 to 40 runs
ENG vs SA Today Match Prediction, ODI series 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
South Africa to win
South Africa proved too good for the hosts in the first match. The visitors posted an above-par total after winning the toss. Led by Rassie van der Dussen, almost all the batters performed well for South Africa and are looking in good touch at the moment. On the other hand, England was inconsistent with their performance, and to add fuel to the fire, the team will miss out on Ben Stokes in this contest. The all-rounder had announced his retirement from the format and this certainly will affect England’s future plans. It will be interesting to see how they go here.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- South Africa will step in with the same team
- England will miss Ben Stokes and are likely to replace him with an extra bowler
ENG vs SA Probable Playing 11
England playing 11
Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Matthew Potts, Jos Buttler (c & wk), Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, B Carse, Adil Rashid, Sam Curran, David Willey
South Africa Playing 11
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock (wk), Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj (c), Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi.
Squad for ENG vs SA, ODI series 2022
Jos Buttler (captain), Moeen Ali, Jonathan Bairstow, Brydon Carse, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Craig Overton, Matthew Potts, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey.
South Africa squad
Keshav Maharaj (c), Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi, Rassie van der Dussen, Lizaad Williams, Khaya Zondo, Kyle Verreynne