- Match: India vs Hong Kong (IND v HK)
- Date-31 August 2022
- Match Format- T20I
- Venue- Dubai
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather- Clear (37 degrees Celsius)
India vs Hong Kong (IND vs HK) Today Match Prediction Preview
Welcome to the IND vs HK Today Match Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. India will take on Hong Kong in the 4th match of Asia Cup 2022 in Dubai on Wednesday, 31 August 2022. Keep on reading for more information on the IND vs HK game.
India and Hong Kong will meet for the 1st time in T20Is on Tuesday. Both teams did meet in the 2018 edition of the Asia Cup which was played in ODI format. India won the game by 26 runs despite Nizahat Khan’s blistering half-century. The knock did keep Hong Kong in the hunt for very long in the game.
This is India’s second match in the tournament. The team had a good match against Pakistan where they managed to pull off a victory in the final over of the match.
Hong Kong, on the other hand, will be playing its first match in the tournament. They got into the main squad after finishing at the top of the points table in Asia Cup T20 Qualifiers. They proved too good for UAE, Singapore, and Kuwait and reached this far.
IND vs HK Head-to-Head Records in Asia Cup
|When||Team won||Won by|
|1997||No result (2)||No result (2)|
Top Batsmen for IND vs HK
- Suryakumar Yadav- 9 Matches, 339 runs
- Deepak Hooda- 5 Matches, 206 runs
- Nizakat Khan- 10 Matches, 264 runs
- Babar Hayat- 8 Matches, 217 runs
Top Bowlers for IND vs HK
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar- 8 Matches, 12 wickets
- Arshdeep Singh- 7 Matches, 11 wickets
- Ehsan Khan- 10 Matches, 20 wickets
- Aizaz Khan- 10 Matches, 15 wickets
IND vs HK Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If HK bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PAK expected to score around 120
- Result prediction- IND to win by 6 to 7 wickets
Scenario 2- If IND bats first
- First Innings score prediction- IND is expected to score around 180
- Result prediction-IND to win with a margin of 20-30 runs
IND vs HK Today Match Prediction, Asia Cup 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
India to win this match
India is the favorites to win this contest. The team did well to pull off a thrilling win against their arch-rivals Pakistan. They will look to carry on the momentum into this game as well. However, they will vary in Hong Kong’s scenario. The team did push India in the last meeting. Nizakat Khan will lead the attack for Hong Kong once again.
Team Availability/ Injury updates
- India is likely to go in with the same playing eleven but there will be some changes in the batting order.
- Ehsan Khan and Nizakat Khan are the players to keep an eye on here.
IND vs HK Probable Playing 11
IND Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh.
HK Playing XI
Nizakat Khan (c), Kinchit Shah, Zeeshan Ali, Haroon Arshad, Babar Hayat, Ehsan Khan, Scott McKechnie (wk), Ghazanfar Mohammad, Yasim Murtaza, Dhananjay Rao.
Squad for IND vs HK, Asia Cup 2022
IND squad: Rohit Sharma (c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan. Standby: Shreyas Iyer, Axar Patel, Deepak Chahar.
HK Squad: Nizakat Khan (c), Kinchit Shah, Zeeshan Ali, Haroon Arshad, Babar Hayat, Aftab Hussain, Ateeq Iqbal, Aizaz Khan, Ehsan Khan, Scott McKechnie (wk), Ghazanfar Mohammad, Yasim Murtaza, Dhananjay Rao, Wajid Shah, Ayush Shukla, Ahan Trivedi, Mohammad Waheed.