- Match: Ireland vs New Zealand (IRE vs NZ)
- Date- 22 July 2022
- Match Format- T20I
- Venue- Belfast
- Time- 8:30 PM (IST)
- Weather- Slight rain (16 degrees Celsius)
Ireland vs New Zealand (IRE vs NZ) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the IRE vs NZ Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Ireland will now face New Zealand in the T20I series 2022 on 22 July 2022 in Belfast. Keep on reading for more information on the IRE vs NZ game.
Ireland will host New Zealand for one last time in the series. The team had lost all their matches so far but the scorecard does lie when it comes to performances. In almost every single match, Ireland had their chances but couldn’t hold on to them. New Zealand, on the other hand, proved too good when it comes to crunch situations. The experience of playing regular matches is the difference between the two teams on this tour.
As everything comes to an end on Friday, Ireland will be keen to finish things off on a high. On the other hand, New Zealand might not be perfect throughout the series but they have managed to pull off victories from nowhere and is one win away from a T20I series clean sweep.
Top Batsmen for IRE vs NZ
- Glenn Phillips- 2 matches, 92 runs, 135.29 strike rate
- Dane Cleaver- 2 matches, 83 runs 133.87 strike rate
- Paul Stirling- 2 matches, 34 runs, 109.67 strike rate
- Andy Balbirnie- 2 matches, 22 runs, 122.22 strikr rate
Top Bowlers for IRE vs NZ
- Josh Little- 2 Matches, 6 wickets, 8.25 economy rate
- C Young- 2 Matches, 2 wickets, 7.42 economy rate
- Lockie Ferguson- 2 matches, 5 wickets, 4.50 economy rate
- Jacob Duffy- 2 matches, 3 wickets, 7 economy rate
IRE vs NZ Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If NZ bats first
- First Innings score prediction- NZ is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- NZ is likely to win by 20 runs
Scenario 2- If IRE bats first
- First Innings score prediction- IRE is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- NZ will win the match by 4 wickets.
IRE vs NZ Today Match Prediction, ODI series 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
New Zealand to win
New Zealand will look for a clean sweep on Friday. Just like every other match in the tour, this one is also likely to go down the wire. The scoreboard might not reveal how close these matches were. In all the three ODIs, New Zealand snatched the victory from Ireland’s throat. Even in the 1st T20I, Ireland was on top when they dismissed New Zealand top order batters cheaply but Glenn Phillips took the team to a good total and that changed the fortunes for the visitors. Among all, the second match was pretty one-sided affair with Ireland falling apart for just 91 runs while chasing 180.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Since New Zealand has already won the series, they might rest a few of them and would look to hand over the debut cap to a few cricketers out there.
IRE vs NZ Probable Playing 11
NZ playing 11
Martin Guptill, Finn Allen, Dane Cleaver (wk), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Jacob Duffy
IRE playing 11
Andy Balbirnie, Paul Stirling, Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Lorcan Tucker (wk), Mark Adair, Barry McCarthy, Craig Young, Josh Little
Squad for IRE vs NZ, T20 series 2022
Andy Balbirnie, Paul Stirling, George Dockrell, Craig Young, Barry McCarthy, Andy McBrine, Mark Adair, Stephen Doheny, Josh Little, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, and Fionn Hand
Martin Guptill, James Neesham, Michael Rippon, Daryl Mitchell, Ish Sodhi, Jacob Duffy, Mitchell Santner, Dane Cleaver, Mark Chapman, Michael Bracewell, Lockie Ferguson, Glenn Phillips, Blair Tickner, Finn Allen, and Ben Sears