- Match: Lucknow Super Giants vs Kolkata Knight Riders (LSG vs KKR)
- Date- 7th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Partly Cloudy, 32℃
Lucknow Super Giants vs Kolkata Knight Riders Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the LSG vs KKR Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Kolkata Knight Riders will battle against Lucknow Super Giants in the 53rd match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Tuesday, 7 May 2022 at the Pune Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the LSG vs. KKR game.
Lucknow Super Giants are on the brink of qualifying for playoffs after a hat-trick of victories and are peaking at the right moment. Interestingly, they have won the last 3 games defending the total and despite the absence of Avesh Khan in 2 games, their bowling department looks really threatening. Although, there are question marks over their over-dependency on KL Rahul to score big and hold one end for the team.
On the other hand, Kolkata Knight Riders are playing for survival after finally clinching their first victory after 5 consecutive losses in the last game against Rajasthan Royals. Their musical chair with batting doesn’t seem to be working and against Lucknow, it can again be brutally exposed. In the last game, they nearly choked themselves out while chasing a small total but the emergence of Rinku saved them and kept them alive. Kolkata might not be in good shape recently but last win would’ve given them a strong self belief going forward.
Lucknow Super Giants and Kolkata Knight Riders are meeting for the first time this season and both are heavily dependent on their captains for the bulk of runs. The match is at Pune Stadium which has produced some interesting pitches this season and we think Lucknow Super Giants are more equipped for this clash.
Top Batsmen for LSG vs KKR
- Shreyas Iyer (KKR)- 10 Matches, 324 runs at 133 strike rate (this season)
- Nitish Rana (KKR)– 10 Matches, 248 runs at 140 strike rate (this season)
- KL Rahul (LSG)- 10 Matches, 451 runs at 145 strike rate (this season)
- Quinton de Kock (LSG)- 10 Matches, 294 runs at 134 strike rate (this season)
Top Bowlers for LSG vs KKR
- Avesh Khan (LSG)- 8 Matches, 11 wickets at 8.33 economy (This season)
- Jason Holder (LSG)- 10 Matches, 9 wickets at 6.64 economy (this season)
- Umesh Yadav (KKR)- 10 Matches, 15 wickets at 7.15 economy (this season)
- Tim Southee (KKR)- 5 Matches, 10 wickets at 7.85 economy (This season)
LSG vs KKR Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If LSG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- LSG is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 10 runs.
Scenario 2- If KKR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- KKR is expected to score 150
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 4 wickets.
LSG vs. KKR Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
LSG to win
Lucknow Super Giants are undoubtedly the most balanced team of the tournament and in recent matches, they have taken their performances to next level. Their captain is scoring dozens of runs for them and the team is equally supporting the charge led by the captain.
Pune pitch has been really confusing in recent games, as in some games teams have scored 200 plus runs but in some games, teams have failed to chase even 140 runs. Chasing hasn’t been easy at Pune so far and the highest run chase is around 170 only by Gujarat. Kolkata is struggling with the bat and again could get exposed in this match. We think Lucknow Super Giants will come out on top.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Kolkata Knight Riders might again go with the same playing eleven.
- Lucknow Super Giants could drop Dushmantha Chameera in favor of Avesh Khan if he is fit.
LSG vs KKR Probable Playing 11
LSG Playing XI
KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Deepak Hooda, Marcus Stoinis, Ayush Badoni, Jason Holder, Krunal Pandya, Gowtham, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohsin Khan
KKR Playing XI
Aaron Finch, Sunil Narine, Shreyas Iyer (c), Baba Indrajith (wk), Nitish Rana, Anukul Roy, Andre Russell, Rinku Singh, Umesh Yadav, Tim Southee, Shivam Mavi
Squad for LSG vs KKR, Match 53, IPL 2022
Lucknow Super Giants:
KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Marcus Stoinis, Ayush Badoni, Jason Holder, Krunal Pandya, Dushmantha Chameera, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi, Shahbaz Nadeem, Manan Vohra, Kyle Mayers, Evin Lewis, Ankit Rajpoot, Andrew Tye, Mohsin Khan, Karan Sharma, Mayank Yadav, Krishnappa Gowtham
Kolkata Knight Riders:
Aaron Finch, Sunil Narine, Shreyas Iyer (c), Baba Indrajith (wk), Nitish Rana, Anukul Roy, Andre Russell, Rinku Singh, Umesh Yadav, Tim Southee, Shivam Mavi, Ajinkya Rahane, Mohammad Nabi, Sam Billings, Pat Cummins, Sheldon Jackson, Chamika Karunaratne, Pratham Singh, Abhijeet Tomar, Varun Chakravarthy, Aman Hakim Khan, Ashok Sharma, Ramesh Kumar, Venkatesh Iyer, Harshit Rana