- Match: Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals (PBKS vs. DC)
- Date- 16th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- DY Patil Stadium
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 29℃
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the PBKS vs DC Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Punjab Kings will take on Delhi Capitals in the 64th match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Monday, 16th May 2022 at the DY Patil Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the PBKS vs DC game.
Delhi Capitals have put themselves in perfect position for playoffs after their last win against Rajasthan Royals and if they win against Punjab Kings in the next match then their chances for qualification are highest among teams fighting for the 4th spot. In the last match, finally, their batting clicked and Mitchell Marsh showcased his brutal power in the middle overs.
Delhi team has built a bad habit of having an off game after a win and they need to break this trend if they want to push for the next round. On the other hand, Punjab Kings are in an exactly similar position with 6 wins from 12 matches and need 2 wins to stake their claim.
In the last match, they brilliantly outclassed Royal Challengers Bangalore and would be hoping for another clinical performance. Especially after Bairstow’s return to runs, their lineup looks really threatening and could go all the way this season if they continue their onslaught.
Both teams have met once this season and that time Delhi Capitals bullied the Kings with a one-sided encounter but dynamics have changed. Delhi and Punjab are in the race for playoffs and this game is a virtual knockout for both teams.
Top Batsmen for PBKS vs. DC
- Liam Livingstone (PBKS)- 10 Matches, 347 runs at 185 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Shikhar Dhawan (PBKS)– 10 Matches, 343 runs at 121 strike rate (last 10 games)
- David Warner (DC)- 10 Matches, 427 runs at 152 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Rishabh Pant (DC)- 10 Matches, 250 runs at 159 strike rate (last 10 games)
Top Bowlers for PBKS vs. DC
- Kuldeep Yadav (DC)- 10 Matches, 14 wickets at 9.29 economy (last 10 games)
- Khaleel Ahmed (DC)- 6 Matches, 12 wickets at 7.79 economy (this season)
- Kagiso Rabada (PBKS)- 10 Matches, 20 wickets at 8.45 economy (last 10 games)
- Rahul Chahar (PBKS)- 10 Matches, 11 wickets at 8.83 economy (last 10 games)
PBKS vs. DC Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If DC bats first
- First Innings score prediction- DC is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- PBKS will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If PBKS bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PBKS is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- PBKS will win the match by 10 runs.
PBKS vs DC Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
PBKS to win
Punjab Kings showcased their brutal potential in the last match with a thundering win against Royal Challengers Bangalore. They are picking up pace at the right moment and could hurt Delhi’s bowlers who haven’t performed well under pressure. However, the DY Patil’s pitch could be on a slower side which might not be an ideal scenario for Kings batsmen but they have players like Shikhar Dhawan and Mayank Agarwal who can take charge. We think Punjab Kings will win this match.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Punjab Kings is expected to retain the same eleven
- Khaleel Ahmed could return if he is fit
PBKS vs DC Probable Playing 11
DC Playing XI
KS Bharat, David Warner, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Rovman Powell, Mitchell Marsh, Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Anrich Nortje, Khaleel Ahmed
PBKS Playing XI
Jonny Bairstow, Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal (c), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Rishi Dhawan, Harpreet Brar, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh
Squad for PBKS vs. DC, Match 64, IPL 2022
Prithvi Shaw, David Warner, Rishabh Pant (c & wk), Rovman Powell, Sarfaraz Khan, Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mustafizur Rahman, Khaleel Ahmed, Anrich Nortje, Mandeep Singh, Srikar Bharat, Tim Seifert, Ashwin Hebbar, Praveen Dubey, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Chetan Sakariya, Ripal Patel, Yash Dhull, Vicky Ostwal, Lungi Ngidi
Jonny Bairstow, Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal (c), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Rishi Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh, Sandeep Sharma, Odean Smith, Shahrukh Khan, Ishan Porel, Harpreet Brar, Prabhsimran Singh, Nathan Ellis, Vaibhav Arora, Benny Howell, Baltej Singh, Writtick Chatterjee, Prerak Mankad, Atharva Taide, Ansh Patel, Raj Bawa