- Match: Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes (STR vs HUR)
- Date- 5 Jan 2023
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Adelaide
- Time- 1:45 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Rain, 21℃
Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes (STR vs HUR) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the STR vs HUR Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Adelaide Strikers will take on Hobart Hurricanes in the BBL 2023, 30th match on 5th January 2023, Thursday. Keep on reading for more information on the STR vs HUR game.
Adelaide Strikers and Hobart Hurricanes will meet for the second time in the tournament. Hobart Hurricanes won their previous meeting by seven wickets. Strikers made 177 runs but Hurricanes took just 17.2 overs to chase down the huge target. Cale Jewell’s 54 helped them to get there with ease. Despite that win, the Hurricanes are in the sixth spot in the points table. Strikers, on the other hand, are in the 5th spot with three wins and four losses from their seven matches.
Top Batsmen for STR vs HUR
- Matt Short- 10 Matches, 355 runs
- Chris Lynn- 7 Matches, 260 runs
- Matthew Wade- 9 Matches, 325 runs
Top Bowlers for STR vs HUR
- Henry Thornton- 9 Matches, 21 wickets
- Wes Agar- 6 Matches, 11 wickets
- Riley Meredith- 9 Matches, 16 wickets
STR vs HUR Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If STR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- Strikers is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- Hurricanes will win the match by 4 to 5 wickets
Scenario 2- If HUR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- Hurricanes is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- Hurricanes will win the 20-30 runs.
STR vs HUR Today Match Prediction, BBL 2022/23, Who Will Win the Match?
Hobart Hurricanes to win
Hobart Hurricanes will begin this game as favorites. They are currently in sixth place and are in good form compared to the Strikers. The latter is yet to break their losing streak which has reached four matches now. It will be difficult for them for sure. Hurricanes will depend on Caleb Jewell once again whereas, Strikers will bet their money on Matt Short.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Caleb Jewell and Rashid Khan hold the key for their teams
- Matthew Short is the player to watch out for in the Adelaide Strikers line-up.
STR vs HUR Probable Playing 11
STR Playing XI
Wes Agar, Harry Conway, Colin de Grandhomme, Adam Hose, H Nielson Rashid Khan, Chris Lynn, Matt Short, Jake Weatherald, Henry Thorton, Peter Siddle
HUR Playing XI
D’Arcy Short, Ben McDermott, Matthew Wade (capt./wk), Shadab Khan, Tim David, Asif Ali, James Neesham, Joel Paris, Nathan Ellis, Paddy Dooley, Riley Meredith
Squad for STR vs HUR, BBL 2022
Wes Agar, Cameron Boyce, Alex Carey, Harry Conway, Colin de Grandhomme, Ryan Gibson, Travis Head, Adam Hose, Henry Hunt, Thomas Kelly, Rashid Khan, Chris Lynn, Harry Nielsen, Matt Short, Jake Weatherald, Henry Thorton, Peter Siddle, Ben Manenti, Jordan Buckingham (local replacement player)
Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Caleb Jewell, Shadab Khan, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Mitch Owen, Joel Paris, Wil Parker, D’Arcy Short, Matthew Wade, Billy Stanlake, Paddy Dooley, Chris Tremain, Mac Wright, Zak Crawley (overseas replacement for Shadab Khan), Jimmy Neesham (overseas replacement)