The IPL mini players’ auction for the tournament will take place in Kochi on December 23, kicking off the excitement for IPL 2023. Due to the date being so near to Christmas, sources now indicate that franchise officials want to ask for a delay of the auction.
The deadline for all 10 Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises to finish the list of players they released and kept in order to submit it to the BCCI was November 15. The teams kept a total of 163 players, and up to 85 players were let go from their current squads. The IPL mini-auctions have always benefited international players, and the upcoming one will be no exception.
Now as per reports, the BCCI will be asked to reschedule the IPL 2023 auction in Kochi, according to representatives of all ten franchises. This is because the foreign staff, including coaches, may not be able to make the December 23 date because it is so close to Christmas and they will be spending the holiday season with their families.
IPL 2023 mini-auction date
Prior to the month of February, two days were dedicated to the IPL 2022 mega auctions, which brought two additional teams to the competition. However, the December 23 mini-auction will only last for one day.
The majority of teams have already put together their core squads and would like to make any additional required alterations before the next season of the Indian Premier League, which will continue to use the current structure of the home and away games.
Remaining Purse of Teams Ahead of IPL 2023
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR)- Rs. 7.05 crores
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)- Rs. 8.75 crores
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK)- Rs. 20.45 crores
- Lucknow Super Giants (LSG)- Rs. 23.35 crores
- Punjab Kings (PBKS)- Rs. 32.2 crores
- Gujarat Titans (GT)- Rs. 19.25 crores
- Mumbai Indians (MI)- Rs. 20.55 crores
- Rajasthan Royals (RR)- Rs. 13,2 crores
- Delhi Capitals (DC)- Rs. 19.45 crores
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH)- Rs. 42.25 crores
Notably, the SRH franchise has the highest amount remaining as they have Rs. 42.25 crores in their kitty. KKR has the lowest money in their bag and has Rs. 7.05 crores.