KKR vs MI Dream11 Team Prediction | IPL 2020 | Match 5 | 23rd Sep 2020
The initial stage of IPL 2020 has set the tone for the entire tournament. Now the next encounter will be played between Kolkata Knight Riders and the Mumbai Indians. Let me tell you, this will be the first game of KKR, whereas Mumbai Indians would step up for their second game. They suffered a defeat at the hands of the Chennai Super Kings in their opening game. The match is scheduled to be played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
Date and Time: 23rd Sept 2020 & 07:30 PM
Venue Name: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
Average first innings score: 162 (in IPL 2020)
Record of chasing teams: Won- 1 | Lost- 0
Head to Head:
KKR Won: 07
MI Won: 19
A decent context was seen between MI and CSK with both bat and ball. Spinners will have an advantage again. The team winning the toss is likely to bat second, keeping the dew factor in mind. There are no changes of rain whatsoever.
KKR vs MI Dream11 Team News:
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Dinesh Karthik and Co. will be missing Harry Gurney, who opted out of IPL 2020.
- Shubman Gill is likely to open the innings. He is expected to have Sunil Narine at the top. Tom Banton can also be picked in place of Narine.
- Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik, and Andre Russell form a very strong middle-order.
- KKR must come up with a reliable bowling option as it’s their weakest area. Prassidh and Shivam Mavi might start off with, alongside Pat Cumming, Lockie Ferguson, and Kuldeep Yadav.
- Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock looked convincing with the bat before throwing away. The same can be said about Hardik Pandya and Surya Kumar Yadav.
- Although, Saurabh Tiwari scored a brilliant 42 off 31 balls, but he is bad at rotating strikes, so maybe he is not best at number 4. Krunal Pandya will again be seen giving justice to his bat and ball,
- Kieron Pollard will again grab Number 6, however, he can be promoted up the order so that he can get to play enough balls.
- Jasprit Bumrah was a bit expensive in the last match. He was not seen trying yorkers. Trend Boult performed well for Mumbai Indians in the opening game.
- There are chances, that MI can replace James Pattinson and can bring Mitchell McClenaghan or Nathan Coulter-Nile against the Riders.
KKR vs MI Squad:
KKR: Dinesh Karthik (c), Andre Russell, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson, Nitish Rana, Prasidh Krishna, Rinku Singh, Sandeep Warrier, Shivam Mavi, Shubman Gill, Siddhesh Lad, Sunil Narine, Chris Green, Eoin Morgan, M Siddharth, Nikhil Naik, Pat Cummins, Rahul Tripathi, Tom Banton, Varun Chakravarthy
MI: Rohit Sharma (c), Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Dhawal Kulkarni, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Mitchell McCleneghan, Quinton de Kock, Rahul Chahar, Rohit Sharma, Sherfane Rutherford, Suryakumar Yadav, Trent Boult, Chris Lynn, Digvijay Deshmukh, Mohsin Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Prince Balwant Rai Singh, Saurabh Tiwary, James Pattinson
KKR vs MI Dream11 Prediction, Line Ups:
KKR Playing 11
Wicket-keeper: Dinesh Karthik
Batsman: Shubman Gill, Eoin Morgan, Rinku Singh
All-Rounder: Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Nitish Rana
Bowlers: Pat Cummins, Kuldeep Yadav, Shivam Mavi, Loki Ferguson
MI Playing 11
Wicket-keeper: Quinton de Kock
Batsman: Rohit Sharma, Surya Kumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwari,
All-Rounder: Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard
Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Trend Boult, Rahul Chahar, James Pattinson/ Mitchell McClenaghan
Top Captain and Vice-Captain Picks:
Option 1: Sunil Narine
Narine has an outstanding record against MI with the ball in hand. He has bagged 21 wickets in 16 games at an economy of 6.87. The last time when KKR met MI in Abu Dhabi, Narine took four wickets haul. He will also be looking forward to adding some coins with his bats.
Option 2: Rohit Sharma
Seeing Rohit stats against KKR, it looks like he likes to bat against Riders. In 25 matches against them, the hitman has 824 runs at an average and strike-rate of 45.78 and 133.77 respectively. In addition to this, he has top-scored of unbeaten 109 against KKR along with five half-centuries.
Option 1: Krunal Pandya
Ahead of their next clash Mumbai Indians declared Krunal Pandya as MI main weapon and one of the key players going forward. Krunal Pandya has an economy rate of 6.86 against the Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League. He can play the role of game changer for Mumbai Indians.
Option 2: Andre Russell
Andre Russell is unpredictable with both bat and ball. Andre Russell’s strike rate of 186 is the highest in IPL history. He was awarded with player of the tournament last year for 511 runs and 11 scalps. Mentor Hussy says, he could even bat at number 3 if situation dictates. The Jamaican giant has recently scored 222 runs in nine games striking at 141.40 in CPL 2020.
Best KKR vs MI Dream11 Fantasy Team Combination:
Head To Head:
KKR vs MI Dream11 Prediction: Who will win the match:
Records suggest that KKR has always seen themselves trailing against Mumbai Indians. However, we cannot forget that KKR in 2014 beat the Mumbai-based franchise by 41 runs at this location, so Knights can imagine their odds against them. Even though MI will be looking to make amends, Dinesh Karthik and Co will want a winning start.