Shahid Khan Afridi, the most dominant player to ever step on the field. Afridi or famous as ‘Lala’ is a big name in both Pakistan cricket and World Cricket. He holds a special place in the hearts of cricket fans. Afridi made his international debut at age of 16 and immediately left his mark on the international arena. At age of 17, he made the record of fastest ODI century in 37 deliveries which he held for 17 long years.
Shahid Afridi was a prolific all-rounder and has won many matches single-handedly for Pakistan. In 1999, Pakistan reached the World Cup Final and Shahid Afridi was the main architect in that tournament. He and Saeed Anwar at top order was a nightmare for bowlers. Afridi became a lower-order batsman as he progressed in his career because of his special ability to clear the fence.
He is an icon in Pakistan and holds the same level as their current Prime Minister Imran Khan in Pakistan. Afridi revamped the game and introduced a new style of play to the world. He is a better bowler than batsman as per his stats but his impact was immense. He could change the match on his head. His huge sixes are now missed in international cricket, especially his iconic celebration.
Shahid Afridi is the face of Pakistan cricket and during his illustrious career, he was part of many controversies and battles. Afridi is the richest cricketer of Pakistan but success has not come easy to him. He comes from a big joint family and his grandfather was a soldier who took part in the Indo-Pak war of 1947-38.
In this article, we see the net worth of Shahid Afridi and his luxurious lifestyle, net worth & endorsements.
Shahid Afridi Net Worth
Shahid Afridi is one of the most famous cricketers in the world and is the richest cricketer in Pakistan. He lives in Peshawar and he is a fan of luxurious things and has some prestigious things in his cabinet. His net worth is approximately around 40 million dollars or we can say 294 crores in Indian currency.
Shahid Afridi Net Worth over the years
|Year||Net Worth (in rupees)|
Let’s now go into details of Shahid Afridi’s net worth.
Shahid Afridi’s Source of Income
IPL and T20 Leagues
Shahid Afridi is a global T20 star and has featured in almost every league in the world. He was part of Deccan Chargers in the inaugural season of the Indian Premier League. After retirement also, he has been part of many T20 leagues and won titles for them.
|Indian Premier League||2008||Deccan Chargers|
|Caribbean Premier League||2014, 2015||Jamaica Tallawahs, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots|
|Sri Lanka Premier League||2012||Ruhuna Royals|
|Big Bash League||2012||Melbourne Renegades|
|Bangladesh Premier League||2019||Comilla Victorians|
|Pakistan Super League||2016, 2018, 2020||Peshawar Zalmi, Karachi Kings, Multan Sultans|
|Global T20 League||2019||Brampton Wolves|
|Lanka Premier League||2020||Galle Gladiators|
|Kashmir Premier League||2021||Rawalakot Hawks|
Shahid Afridi’s Brand Endorsements
Shahid Afridi is the biggest sports personality of Pakistan and brand endorsements is his main source of income after retirement. People in Pakistan are fans of his charm and his popularity is beyond imagination. If you compare then he holds the same status as MS Dhoni holds in India. His long list of Brand endorsements are
- Habib Bank
- Head and Shoulders
- Sveston Watches
- Slim Habib University
Shahid Afridi Social Media Appearance
Shahid Afridi is really active on Social media and also runs a YouTube channel where he posts videos about his lifestyle and memories from cricket days. He is most active on Instagram and regularly posts about his charity organization work. Shahid Afridi is really popular in Pakistan and he uses social media to stay connected with his fans.
|Social Media Platform||Followers||Link|
Shahid Afridi Cars and Bikes
Shahid Afridi is a fan of speed and has many luxurious cars in his collection. He is usually seen on the roads of Pakistan, enjoying his big fast cars. Not only cars, he also has some super fast bikes. Surely his brutal fast batting strike rate is inspired by his car collection.
|Range Rover||Range Rover Vogue||2.5 Crore +|
|Toyota||Toyota Land Cruiser V8||2 Crore +|
|Mercedes||Mercedes Benz S Class||2 Crore +|
|Prado||Prado TZ||90 Lakhs +|
|Bentley||Bentley Continental GT||4 Crore +|
|Porsche||Porsche Panamera||2 Crore +|
|Suzuki||Suzuki Hayabusa||15 Lakhs +|
|Harley Davidson||Harley Davidson V-Rod||20 Lakhs +|
|Yamaha||Yamaha V Star 650||6 Lakhs +|
|Mazda||Mazda RX-8||15 Lakhs +|
Shahid Afridi’s Property
Shahid Afridi has many houses in Pakistan and he lives in one of Peshawar’s luxurious mansions which is worth around 10 crores. He also has a bungalow off the shores of Karachi. His Peshawar’s mansion is very luxurious and his house tour video got viral in Pakistan. Shahid Afridi also owns property in Dubai and London.
Shahid Afridi’s Investment and Charity
Shahid Afridi is an active investor and in 2014, he established his charity named Shahid Afridi Foundation. He now owns a chain of stores that deals in almost every daily routine item like grocery and stuff.
Personal life and Family life of Shahid Afridi
1. Family and Personal info
Shahid Afridi was born on 1 March 1980 but in his autobiography that his real date of birth is 1 March 1975. He was born in an army family and his grandfather has won many army awards for his contribution to the Indo-Pak war in 1947. He now lives in Peshawar with his loving family and is blessed with 5 daughters.
|Full name||Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi|
|Date of Birth||1 March 1975|
|Birth Place||Khyber Agency, FATA, Pakistan|
|Father||Sahabzada Fazal-ur-Rehman Afridi|
|Brother||Tariq Afridi, Iqbal Afridi, Mushtaq Afridi, Ashfaq Afridi, Shoaib Afridi and Javed Afridi|
|Daughter||Ansha Afridi, Aqsa Afridi, Asmara Afridi, Ajwa Afridi, Arwa Afridi|
|Domestic Cricket debut||1995/96 for Karachi|
|IPL Debut||20 April 2008 v Kolkata Knight Riders|
|TEST Debut||22 October 1998 v Australia|
|ODI Debut||2 October 1996 v Kenya|
|T20I Debut||28 August 2006 v England|
2. Favourite Things: Hobbies, Friends, etc
|Nickname||Boom Boom, Lala|
|Favorite Actor||Aamir Khan, Tom Cruise|
|Favorite Singer||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan|
|Favorite Social media platform|
|Favorite food||Barbeque, Kebabs, chicken biryani,kheer|
|Favorite Cricketer||Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, Imran Khan|
|Favorite Sportsperson||Muhammad Ali|
|Favorite Coach||Bob Woolmer|
|Hobbies||Driving and listening to music|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Maldives|
3. Affairs and Marriage
Shahid Afridi is married to Nadia Afridi whom he met in 2000. They are blessed with 5 daughters and recently he announced the engagement of his elder daughter with current Pakistani player Shaheen Afridi in 2020. He has always kept his personal life private but many times, he has been linked with big celebs. In 2017, one of the Indian television actresses, Arshi Khan claimed of having a relationship with Shahid Afridi.
Shahid Afridi Controversies
Shahid Afridi was a very aggressive player both on and off the field. During his career, he has been part of many controversies both on and off-field related to both cricket and political issues.
- In 2010, Younis Khan blamed Shahid Afridi for conspiracy against him for removal of him as captain.
- In 2010, he revealed in an interview that Selectors didn’t consult him in selecting the squad which led to massive outrage and was given official warning by PCB.
- In 2009, during Pakistan’s tour of Australia. He was caught doing ball tampering with his mouth on camera.
- In 2018, he tweeted stating the Indian government treats Kashmir people as slaves which was controversial given history between India and Pakistan on Kashmir Issue.
Stats of Shahid Afridi career
Achievements of Shahid Afridi
- Shahid Afridi holds the record for most sixes in ODIs.
- He was Man of The Tournament in 2007 World T20
- Shahid Afridi has the 8th longest career in world cricket.
- He was man of the match in the 2009 World T20 final.
- He is only Cricketer to take 350+ wickets and score 8000 runs
- He has won most man of match awards in Pakistan cricket.
- He is the youngest cricketer to hit a century.
Unknown Facts about Shahid Afridi
- Shahid Afridi revealed his age was wrong at the time of his debut.
- His nickname of “Boom Boom Afridi” was given by Ravi Shastri.
- He was the highest wicket-taker in the 2011 world cup.
- Shahid Afridi holds records for most ducks in International cricket.
- He always wore jersey number 10.
- Shahid Afridi has the record for longest six in International cricket.
- Afridi once bowled 130 Kmph ball in international cricket as a spinner.
- He took 5 wickets on his test debut.
- He is a fan of Hyderabadi Biryani.
FAQs about Shahid Afridi
Ans- 4 times
Ans- They are cousin brothers.
- Sanjana Ganesan Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Rishabh Pant Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Salary, Property, Affairs
- Shikhar Dhawan’s Ex-Wife Ayesha Mukherjee Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Affairs
- Isha Negi (Rishabh Pant’s Girlfriend) Net Worth, Income, Age, Family, Social Media, Property
- Sarah Raheem (Kane Williamson Wife) – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Name, and Unknown Facts
- Harry Kane Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Dinesh Karthik Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs