|Net Worth||$90 million|
|Country of Origin||Jamaica|
|Source of Wealth||Olympic Sprinter|
Nicknamed the “Lightning Bolt” Usain Bolt is a Jamaican sprinter. Bolt holds the world record in the 100 meters, 200 meters, and 4×100 meters relay.
Referred to as the Fastest Human on the Planet he is an eight-time Olympic gold medalist and is the only sprinter to win 100m and 200m sprint in Olympics three times consecutively (2008, 2012,2016). He also holds the world record for the fastest 100m (9.58 seconds) and 200m (19.19 seconds).
During his Olympics days, he shot to global fame and people would have their eyes only on Bolt’s performance after his double sprint victory in world record times at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He became the first person to hold both of these records since electronic timing became mandatory
Usain Bolt Net Worth
As of 2021, Usain Bolt has an estimated net worth of $90 million. Most of his earning are gained through Brand endorsements rather than his career earnings. Bolt was one of the highest-paid athletes during his Olympic years. During the peak days of his competitive career, he easily earned around $20 million per year.
Also Read: Marc Márquez Net Worth 2021
Usain Bolt Endorsements
He earned around $31 million in just one year of his 2017-2018 Olympic run, out of which just $1 million came from his on-track earnings. Rest all of his earnings came from endorsements. Bolt is associated with the following Brands:
- Puma, as brand ambassador
- Virgin Media
- Soul Electronics
- Japan’s All Nippon Airways
His deal with Puma ages back to his teenage days when he was just 16. Puma pays him close to $9 million for wearing their brand of shoes and apparel.
Gatorade also launched their dedicated “Gatorade Bolt” drink after his association with the brand.
Usain Bolt Assets
- In 2018, Usain Bolt co-founded a Miami-based electric vehicle company under his name as Bolt Mobility.
- The company operates around 5000 electric scooters in several cities of the United States, Paris, and France. In May 2019, the company launched two seater electric car as B-NAno with a starting price of just $900
- In 2020, Bolt Mobility raised $30 million in venture capital funding.
Usain Bolt Cars
Not surprising for someone who loves to go fast, Bolt flaunts an impressive collection of high-end cars.
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Ferrari California
- BMW M3
- Jeep Wrangler
- Nissan MY15 GTR
Usain Bolt House
Usain Bolt lives with his family in the Norbrook neighborhood of Kingston, Jamaica. He also owns a $1.9 Million penthouse in the Central Coast region in Australia. The luxurious penthouse unit has coastal views.
Usain Bolt Career Achievements, Awards
Bolt holds the second-highest accumulative Guinness World Records after Michael Phelps, a total of 19.
Berlin,2009: 100m- 9.58 sec
Berlin,2009: 200m- 19.19 sec
London,2012: 4x100m- 36.84 sec
- IAAF World Athlete of the Year (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2106)
- Track and Field Athlete of the Year (2008, 2009)
- Laureus – World Sportman of the Year (2009, 2010, 2013, 2017)
- Best Track and Field Athlete ESPY Award (2010)
- Best International Athlete ESPY Award (2009, 2013)
Usain Bolt Personal Information
|Full Name||Usain St. Leo Bolt|
|Known As||Lightning Bolt|
|Birth Date||21 August 1986|
|Age||35 (as of 2021)|
|Birth Place||Sherwood Content, Trelawny, Jamaica|
|Height||6ft 5in (1.95m)|
|Weight||94 kg (207lb)|
|Parents||Father- Wellesley Bolt|
Mother- Jennifer Bolt
|Siblings||Brother- Sadiki Bolt|
Sister- Sherine Bolt
|Girlfriend||Kasi Bennett (present)|
|Children||Olympia Lightning Bolt|
|School||William Knibb Memorial High School, Jamaica|
|College||University of Technology, Jamaica|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing Video games, Watching football and cricket|
|Favorite Athlete||Don Qauarrie|
|Favorite Food||Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Breast, Pasta, Ackee & Saltfish (Jamaican dish)|
|Favorite Cricketer||Waqar Younis|
|Favorite Movie||Gladiator (2000)|
|Favorite Book||Rich Dad Poor Dad- Robert Kiyosaki|
Usain Bolt Family
Bolt was born to Wellesley and Jennifer Bolt in Sherwood Content, a small rural town in Jamaica where his parents run a small grocery store. Bolt spent his childhood playing cricket and football with his brother Sadiki in the streets. He also has a sister named Sherine.
He started his sprint journey from Waldensia Primary school at a very early age. By the age of 12, he was the fastest runner in the school. As described Bolt always carried a laid back and relaxed attitude frequently enjoying and expressing his love for dancing. He later revealed in an interview that he suffered from scoliosis as a child
Usain Bolt Affairs
- Being a global superstar Bolt has been constantly attracting many girls to his side including some Jamaican TV personalities and Models.
- Some of his ex-girlfriend’s names are Mizicann Evans (2004-2011), Taneish Simpson(2010), Lubica Kucerova(2011-2012), and April Jackson (2013-2014).
- His current girlfriend is Kasi Benett whom the Olympian met way back in 2014.
- On 17th May 2020, Kasi gave birth to their first girl child Olympia Lightning Bolt
- In June 2021, the couple was blessed with twin boys named Saint Leo and Thunder.
Usain Bolt Controversy
- In 2016, Usain Bolt was caught cheating on her current girlfriend after some raunchy pictures with a Brazilian Student, Jady Duarte went viral on Twitter. The photographs showed Duarte kissing Bolt.
- Bolt quoted on this whole incident saying “It’s hard for you to stay with one woman because girls are literally just throwing themselves at you. And that’s unfair to us guys – it’s hard to say no, you know what I mean?”
- In 2014, he made a controvertial satement at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games for apparently criticizing his games experience so far. He quoted for “not really” having fun in Glasgow and the games were “a bit s—.”
Usain Bolt Unknown Facts
- His primary coach McNeil sometimes got frustrated with him due to his constant practical jokes.
- He is one of the elite nine athletes in the world to win World Chapionship at Junior, Senior and World levels.
- Bolt is an 11 Time World Champion.
- He retired after 100m race at the 2017 World Championships finishing third.
- During the Beijing olympics he made his signature pose as “Bolting”
- He founded the “Usain Bolt Foundation” for raising money for charity and has also helped in the Small Steps Project. He also helped UNICEF to raise money for children in need associating with Soccer Aid.
- In 2010 Bolt’s Autobiography was released named as, “My Story: 9.58: Being the World’s Fastest Man“.
- In 2016, a documentary film based on the success of the Olympian winning three gold medals was released titled as “I Am Bolt”.
A. Yes, he retired after the 2017 World Championships.
A. Kasi Benett
A. Usain St. Leo Bolt