- Match: Afghanistan (AFG) vs Pakistan (PAK)
- Date- 24th August 2023
- Match Format- ODI
- Venue- Mahinda Rajapaksha International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota
- Time-3:00 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny, 32℃
Afghanistan vs Pakistan Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the AFG vs PAK Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. In the 2nd ODI at Hambantota, we will be treated to some exciting and pulsating cricketing action.
Pakistan had won the 1st ODI versus Afghanistan by a humongous margin of 142 runs. The batting department of the Afghans wilted under pressure and were bundled out for a paltry score of 59 runs.
The likes of Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam and Salman Ali Agha had failed in the 1st ODI with the bat. In this ODI, they would be hoping to get a few runs under their belt and boost their confidence levels ahead of the Asia Cup 2023.
Top Batters AFG vs PAK
- Imam-ul-Haq (PAK)- 61 runs in the 1st ODI
- Babar Azam (PAK)- 5089 runs in ODIs
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (AFG)- 797 runs in ODIs
Top Bowlers for AFG vs PAK
- Haris Rauf (PAK)- 5 wickets in the 1st ODI
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman (AFG)- 3 wickets in the 1st ODI
- Rashid Khan (AFG)- 2 wickets in the 1st ODI
AFG vs PAK Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If AFG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- AFG is expected to score 200-220 runs
- Result prediction- PAK will win the match by 5 wickets
Scenario 2- If PAK bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PAK is expected to score 240-250 runs
- Result prediction- PAK will win the match by 50-60 runs
AFG vs PAK Today Match Prediction, 2nd ODI, Who Will Win the Match?
Pakistan to win
We predict that Babar Azam and co. will be winning the 2nd ODI at Hambantota. They had a stellar display with the white-cherry in the 1st ODI and would be looking to build on that confidence and momentum.
As the Asia Cup 2023 is knocking at the door, this ODI series will be a huge opportunity for the two teams to get into the groove.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
Afghanistan Playing XI
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Ikram Alikhil, Mohammad Nabi, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Abdul Rahman, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi
Pakistan Playing XI
Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Agha Salman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Usama Mir, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf/Mohammad Wasim Jr.
Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi(c), Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Mohammad Saleem Safi, Ikram Alikhil, Wafadar Momand, Abdul Rahman, Riaz Hassan, Noor Ahmad
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam(c), Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan(w), Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Tayyab Tahir, Faheem Ashraf, Usama Mir, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Agha Salman