- Match: Essex (ESS) vs Hampshire (HAM)
- Date- 19th September 2023
- Match Format- 4-Day
- Venue- County Cricket Ground, Chelmsford
- Time- 3:00 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Scattered Showers, 19℃
Essex vs Hampshire Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the ESS vs HAM Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts.
Essex will be locking horns with Hampshire in this County Championship game at Chelmsford. Essex are coming on the back of a massive 297-run victory against Middlesex in their previous game.
They would be pretty confident ahead of this fixture against Hampshire.
On the other hand, Hampshire were the finalists of the English One Day Cup. They lost to Leicestershire in the grand finale by a very narrow margin of 2 runs.
But in the County Championship, they beat Somerset in their previous match by a humongous margin of 185 runs.
Top Batters ESS vs HAM
- Tom Westley (ESS)- 985 runs in this tournament
- Matt Critchley (ESS)- 870 runs in this tournament
- Nick Gubbins (HAM)- 921 runs in this tournament
Top Bowlers for ESS vs HAM
- Jamie Porter (ESS)- 53 wickets in this tournament
- Simon Harmer (ESS)- 51 wickets in this tournament
- Mohammad Abbas (HAM)- 44 wickets in this tournament
ESS vs HAM Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If ESS bats first
- First Innings score prediction- ESS is expected to score 270-350 runs in the 1st innings
- Result prediction- ESS will win the match by 8 wickets
Scenario 2- If HAM bats first
- First Innings score prediction- HAM is expected to score 300-370 runs in the 1st innings
- Result prediction- ESS will win the match by 150-200 runs
ESS vs HAM Today Match Prediction, County Championship, Who Will Win the Match?
Essex to win
We predict that Essex will be winning this County Championship 2023 game at Chelmsford. They have a strong side and have some formidable players in their roster.
Essex are also coming on the back of a victory in the County Championship and would be high on confidence.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
Essex Predicted Playing XI
Nick Browne, Alastair Cook, Tom Westley©, Dan Lawrence, Matt Critchley, Paul Walter, Adam Rossington(wk), Simon Harmer, Umesh Yadav, Sam Cook, Jamie Porter
Hampshire Playing XI
Toby Albert, Fletcha Middleton, Nick Gubbins, James Vince©, Tom Prest, Liam Dawson, Ben Brown(wk), James Fuller, Keith Barker, Kyle Abbott, Mohammad Abbas
Tom Westley, Nick Browne, Sir Alastair Cook, Samuel Cook, James Porter, Shane Snater, Paul Walter, Matt Critchley, Simon Harmer, Doug Bracewell, Daniel Sams, Will Buttleman, Aaron Beard, Umesh Yadav, Dan Lawrence, Charles Allison, Feroze Khushi, Josh Rymell, Robin Das
Joe Weatherley, Ian Holland, Liam Dawson, Keith Barker, Bradley Wheal, Mason Crane, Felix Organ, Scott Currie, Nick Gubbins, Ross Whiteley, Ben Brown, Kyle Abbott, Mohammad Abbas, Benny Howell, Kyle Abbott, Ben McDermott Nathan Ellis , Fletcha Middleton, James Vince, James Fuller, Scott Currie