- Match: Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals (GT vs. RR)
- Date- 29th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Ahmedabad
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 26℃
Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals (GT vs RR) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the GT vs RR Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Gujarat Titans will battle it out against Rajasthan Royals in the grand finale of TATA IPL, 2022 on 29th May 2022 at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad. Keep on reading for more information on the GT vs. RR game.
Rajasthan Royals have made it into IPL final after 14 long years and their journey throughout the tournament has been hot and cold, unlike Gujarat Titans who dominated the whole tournament. In qualifier 2, Rajasthan Royals completely dismantled Royal Challengers Bangalore at Ahmedabad which will give them a huge boost going to the final.
Jos Buttler registered his 4th century of the tournament this season and looked in his old fierce touch. He will be the biggest threat to Gujarat Titans especially after showing them glimpses in qualifier one at Kolkata. Rajasthan’s bowlers enjoyed a good outing at Ahmedabad pitch where there was big seam movement in the initial overs.
Their opponents and probably the best team in the competition, Gujarat Titans will hope to make history to win the IPL trophy in the first go. Gujarat Titans have been relentless in both departments but it will be their first match at Ahmedabad pitch which could be a disadvantage for them.
Both sides are in high spirits coming to this grand finale but Rajasthan Royals will be more confident as Jos Buttler looked in the dangerous groove while their bowlers enjoyed conditions. On top of that huge home crowd support could build some unnecessary pressure on Gujarat which could backfire.
Top Batsmen for GT vs RR
- Jos Buttler (RR)- 10 Matches, 449 runs at 147 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Sanju Samson (RR)– 10 Matches, 289 runs at 142 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Wriddhiman Saha GT)- 10 Matches, 312 runs at 124 strike rate (This season)
- David Miller (GT)- 10 Matches, 350 runs at 140 strike rate (last 10 games)
Top Bowlers for GT vs RR
- Rashid Khan (GT)- 10 Matches, 12 wickets at 6.83 economy (last 10 games)
- Mohammed Shami (GT)- 10 Matches, 12 wickets at 7.92 economy (last 10 games)
- Ravi Ashwin (RR)- 10 Matches, 10 wickets at 7.25 economy (last 10 games)
- Prasidh Krishna (RR)- 10 Matches, 13 wickets at 7.92 economy (last 10 games)
GT vs. RR Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If GT bats first
- First Innings score prediction- GT is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- RR will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If RR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- RR is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- GT will win the match by 4 wickets.
GT vs RR Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
RR to win
Rajasthan Royals announced their arrival to finals in style and are chasing their 2nd IPL trophy after clinching in the inaugural season in 2008. They have tasted the spice of Ahmedabad track which could be an advantage for them but the Titans also trained at the same pitch during pre-season so there might not be much difference.
A big positive for Rajasthan Royals is the form of Jos Buttler who has been smoking sixes in playoffs and will be the prize wicket for Gujarat bowlers who struggled against him at Kolkata. Considering the last match’s dismantling, we think Rajasthan Royals will clinch their 2nd title in history against vibrant Titans.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Gujarat Titans are expected to replace Joseph with Lockie Ferguson
- Rajasthan Royals are unlikely to make any changes
GT vs RR Probable Playing 11
GT Playing XI
Wriddhiman Saha, Shubman Gill, Matthew Wade (wk), Hardik Pandya (c), David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Lockie Ferguson, Yash Dayal, Mohammed Shami
RR Playing XI
Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Obed McCoy
Squad for GT vs RR, Final, IPL 2022
Matthew Wade (wk), Shubman Gill, Vijay Shankar, Hardik Pandya (c), David Miller, Abhinav Manohar, Rahul Tewatia, Rashid Khan, Lockie Ferguson, Mohammed Shami, Yash Dayal, Wriddhiman Saha, Pradeep Sangwan, Varun Aaron, Jayant Yadav, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Alzarri Joseph, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Dominic Drakes, Noor Ahmad, Darshan Nalkande, Sai Sudharsan
Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Obed McCoy, Karun Nair, Rassie van der Dussen, Navdeep Saini, KC Cariappa, Daryl Mitchell, Tejas Baroka, Kuldip Yadav, Anunay Singh, Kuldeep Sen, Dhruv Jurel, Shubham Garhwal, Corbin Bosch, James Neesham