- Match: Malaysia (MAL) vs Papua New Guinea (PNG)
- Date- 20th September 2023
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Bayuemas Oval, Malaysia
- Time- 8:00 AM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Partly Cloudy, 31℃
Malaysia vs Papua New Guinea Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the MAL vs PNG Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts.
Malaysia will be locking horns with Papua New Guinea in Match 2 of the Malaysia T20I Tri-Nations Cup.
In their opening match, Malaysia indeed had a convincing victory over Hong Kong, with standout performances from Syed Aziz, Virandeep Singh, and Vijay Unni. This strong start will boost their confidence going forward in the Tri-Nations Cup.
Papua New Guinea’s recent success in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup East Asia-Pacific Qualifier is a testament to their form and abilities. Their unbeaten run in that tournament certainly makes them a formidable opponent in this tri-series.
Top Batters MAL vs PNG
- Syed Aziz (MAL)- 65 runs in the tournament
- Virandeep Singh (MAL)- 47 runs in the tournament
- Vijay Unni (MAL)- 18 runs in the tournament
Top Bowlers for MAL vs PNG
- Virandeep Singh(MAL)- 4 wickets in the tournament
- Vijay Unni (MAL)- 2 wickets in the tournament
- Khizar Hayat (MAL)- 2 wickets in the tournament
MAL vs PNG Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If MAL bats first
- First Innings score prediction- MAL is expected to score 160-180 runs
- Result prediction- MAL will win the match by 30-50 runs
Scenario 2- If PNG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PNG is expected to score 130-150 runs
- Result prediction- MAL will win the match by 4 wickets
MAL vs PNG Today Match Prediction, Match 2, Who Will Win the Match?
Malaysia to win
Considering Malaysia’s strong start with a convincing win in their opening match and the home advantage, they might indeed be considered slight favorites to win their game against Papua New Guinea.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
Malaysia Playing XI
Syed Aziz Mubarak, Zubaidi Zulkifle, Ahmad Faiz (c), Muhammad Amir Azim, Virandeep Singh, Ainool Hafizs (wk), Conor Smith, Khizar Hayat, Rizwan Haider, Syazrul Idrus, Vijay Unni
Papua New Guinea Predicted Playing XI
Assad Vala (captain), Charles Amini, Tony Ura, Sesu Bau, Lega Siaka, Norman Vanua, Riley Hekure, Chad Sooper, Simon Atai, Kabua Morea, Semo Kamea
Ahmad Faiz (captain), Nazmus Sakib, Ahmad Zubaidi, Ariff Jamaluddin, Muhammad Aiman Zquan, Ainool Hafizs (wicket-keeper), Syed Aziz (wicket-keeper), Wan Muhammad (wicket-keeper), Muhammad Amir Azim, Ahmad Akmal, Conor Smith, Haziq Haiqal Idris, Khizar Hayat, Akram Malik, Sharvin Muniandy, Virandeep Singh, Anwar Rahman, Fitri Sham, Haiqal Khair, Pavandeep Singh, Rizwan Haider, Sharveen Surendran, Syazrul Idrus, Vijay Unni.
Papua New Guinea Squad
Assad Vala (captain), Lega Siaka, Sese Bau, Hila Vare (wicket-keeper), Kiplin Doriga (wicket-keeper), Tony Ura (wicket-keeper), Michael Charlie, Charles Amini, Norman Vanua, Riley Hekure, Alei Nao, John Kariko, Nosaina Pokana, Semo Kamea