- Match: Papua New Guinea (PNG) vs Malaysia (MAL)
- Date- 23rd September 2023
- Match Format- T20I
- Venue- Bayuemas Sports and Events Complex, Klang
- Time- 8:00 AM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Scattered Thunderstorms, 31℃
Papua New Guinea vs Malaysia Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the PNG vs MAL Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts.
In Match 5 of the ongoing tournament, Papua New Guinea lock horns with Malaysia. The match will be played at Klang and promises to be an absolute crackerjack of a contest.
The last time these two sides met in this tournament, Papua New Guinea had emerged out victorious. A win by 45 runs via the DLS method was the scoreline for Papua New Guinea and they would be hoping to replicate the same.
Malaysia would be taking confidence from their 23-run victory against Hong Kong in the previous game.
Top Batters PNG vs MAL
- Assad Vala (PNG)- 83 runs in the series
- Tony Ura (PNG)- 63 runs in this series
- Virandeep Singh (MAL)- 137 runs in this series
Top Bowlers for PNG vs MAL
- Virandeep Singh (MAL)- 6 wickets in the series
- Khizar Hayat (MAL)- 4 wickets in the series
- Alei Nao (PNG0- 4 wickets in this series
PNG vs MAL Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If PNG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PNG is expected to score 190-210 runs
- Result prediction- PNG will win the match by 30-50 runs
Scenario 2- If MAL bats first
- First Innings score prediction- MAL is expected to score 160-180 runs
- Result prediction- PNG will win the match by 6 wickets
PNG vs MAL Today Match Prediction, Match 5, Who Will Win the Match?
Papua New Guinea to win
We predict that Papua New Guinea will be winning this game in the ongoing Tri-Nation series. Papua New Guinea have won their previous encounter against Malaysia in this series and would be hoping to replicate the same against them in this game. Plus, they are unbeaten in this series.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
Papua New Guinea Playing XI
Tony Ura, Assad Vala (c), Kiplin Doriga (wk), Charles Amini, Lega Siaka, Hiri Hiri, Riley Hekure, Alei Nao, John Kariko, Nosaina Pokana, Norman Vanua.
Malaysia Predicted Playing XI
Syed Aziz Mubarak, Zubaidi Zulkifle, Ahmad Faiz (c), Muhammad Amir Azim, Virandeep Singh, Ainool Hafizs (wk), Conor Smith, Khizar Hayat, Rizwan Haider, Syazrul Idrus, Vijay Unni
Ahmad Faiz (captain), Nazmus Sakib, Ahmad Zubaidi, Ariff Jamaluddin, Muhammad Aiman Zquan, Ainool Hafizs (wicket-keeper), Syed Aziz (wicket-keeper), Wan Muhammad (wicket-keeper), Muhammad Amir Azim, Ahmad Akmal, Conor Smith, Haziq Haiqal Idris, Khizar Hayat, Akram Malik, Sharvin Muniandy, Virandeep Singh, Anwar Rahman, Fitri Sham, Haiqal Khair, Pavandeep Singh, Rizwan Haider, Sharveen Surendran, Syazrul Idrus, Vijay Unni.
Papua New Guinea Squad
Assad Vala (captain), Lega Siaka, Sese Bau, Hila Vare (wicket-keeper), Kiplin Doriga (wicket-keeper), Tony Ura (wicket-keeper), Michael Charlie, Charles Amini, Norman Vanua, Riley Hekure, Alei Nao, John Kariko, Nosaina Pokana, Semo Kamea