- Match: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers (STA vs SIX)
- Date- 6 Jan 2023
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Melbourne
- Time- 1:45 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Sunny, 26℃
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers (STA vs SIX) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the STA vs SIX Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Melbourne Stars will take on Sydney Sixers in the BBL 2023, 31st match on 6th January 2023, Friday. Keep on reading for more information on the STA vs SIX game.
Melbourne Stars and Sydney Sixers will meet for the second time in the tournament. Sixers defeated the Stars in the last meeting. Moises Henriques scored an unbeaten half-century to drive his team home. Earlier, Beau Webster scored 78(51) for Melbourne Stars. Stars find themselves at the bottom of the table while Sixers are in the 3rd spot with four wins and three losses but they have played eight games.
Top Batsmen for STA vs SIX
- Beau Webster- 10 Matches, 355 runs
- Joe Clarke- 7 Matches, 260 runs
- Hayden Kerr- 9 Matches, 325 runs
Top Bowlers for STA vs SIX
- Hayden Kerr- 9 Matches, 11 wickets
- Adam Zampa- 6 Matches, 11 wickets
- Luke Wood- 9 Matches, 10 wickets
STA vs SIX Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If SIX bats first
- First Innings score prediction- Strikers is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- Sixers will win the match by 4 to 5 wickets
Scenario 2- If STA bats first
- First Innings score prediction- Sixers is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- Sixers will win the 20-30 runs.
STA vs SIX Today Match Prediction, BBL 2022/23, Who Will Win the Match?
Sydney Sixers to win
Sydney Sixers will begin this contest as favourites. They are in good form compared to the bottom-placed Melbourne Stars. Also, Sixers have won their last five encounters with Melbourne Stars. Hayden Kerr is the player to watch out for in this game. He is expected to help out the team with both bat and ball.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Beau Webster and Hayden Kerr hold the key for their teams
- Adam Zampa is the bowler to watch out for in the Adelaide Strikers line-up.
STA vs SIX Probable Playing 11
STA Playing XI
Tom Rogers, Joe Clarke (wk), Joe Burns, Nick Larkin, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Luke Wood , Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa (capt), Trent Boult
SIX Playing XI
Josh Philippe (wk), Kurtis Patterson, James Vince, Moises Henriques (capt), Jordan Silk, Dan Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Naveen-ul-Haq, Izharulhaq Naveed.
Squad for STA vs SIX, BBL 2022/23
Trent Boult, Joe Burns, Hilton Cartwright, Joe Clarke, Brody Couch, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Liam Hatcher, Clint Hinchliffe, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell (c), Marcus Stoinis, Beau Webster, Luke Wood, Adam Zampa, Campbell Kellaway, Tom O’Connell, Sam Elliott, Cam McClure, James Seymour (local replacement player)
Sean Abbott, Jackson Bird, Dan Christian, Ben Dwarshuis, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Nathan Lyon, Izharulhaq Naveed, Chris Jordan, Steve O’Keefe, Kurtis Patterson, Josh Philippe, Jordan Silk, James Vince, Todd Murphy, Mickey Edwards, Jack Edwards, Steve Smith, Josh Kann (local replacement player), Naveen-ul-Haq (partial replacement for Chris Jordan)