- Match: Bangladesh (BAN) vs Sri Lanka (SL)
- Date- 31st August 2023
- Match Format- ODI
- Venue- Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele
- Time-3:00 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast: Thundershower, 29℃
Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the BAN vs SL Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Co-hosts Sri Lanka will be locking horns with Bangladesh in Match 2 of the ongoing Asia Cup 2023.
Sri Lanka have already suffered a big jolt ahead of Asia Cup 2023 as 4 of their key players have been ruled out of the tournament due to injuries.
The likes of Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Lahiru Kumara and Lahiru Madushanka will be missing the upcoming tournament.
Bangladesh would be fancying their chances to win this game as they will be looking to take advantage of a deflated Sri Lankan side.
They however have themselves been dealt with a blow as star opener Litton Das will be missing the tournament because of a viral fever.
Top Batters BAN vs SL
- Kusal Perera (SL)- 3071 runs in ODIs
- Shakib Al Hasan (BAN)- 7211 runs in ODIs
- Najmul Hossain Shanto (BAN)- 639 runs in ODIs
Top Bowlers for BAN vs SL
- Shakib Al Hasan (BAN)- 305 wickets in ODIs
- Kasun Rajitha (SL)- 31 wickets in ODIs
- Maheesh Theekshana (SL)- 36 wickets in ODIs
BAN vs SL Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If BAN bats first
- First Innings score prediction- BAN is expected to score 300-320 runs
- Result prediction- BAN will win the match by 40-50 runs
Scenario 2- If SL bats first
- First Innings score prediction- SL is expected to score 270-280 runs
- Result prediction- BAN will win the match by 4 wickets
BAN vs SL Today Match Prediction, Match 2 Who Will Win the Match?
Bangladesh to win
We predict that Bangladesh will be winning this game in the Asia Cup 2023. Even though they will be without the services of Litton Das and Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan and co. would be favourites in front of Sri Lanka.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
Bangladesh Playing XI
Shamim Hossain, Naim Sheikh, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Shakib Al Hasan ©, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mahedi Hasan
Sri Lanka Playing XI
Pathum Nissanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis (wk), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka (c), Dunith Wellalage, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha/Matheesha Pathirana
Shakib Al Hasan (c), Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain Dhrubo, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Naim Sheikh, Shamim Hossain, Tanzid Hasan Tamim, Tanzim Hasan Sakib
Dasun Shanaka (c), Pathum Nissanaka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Janith Perera, Kusal Mendis (vc), Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Maheesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage, Matheesha Pathirana, Kasun Rajitha, Dushan Hemantha, Binura Fernando, Pramod Madushan.