- Match: England (ENG) vs Ireland (IRE)
- Date- 20th September 2023
- Match Format- ODI
- Venue- Headingley Carnegie, Leeds
- Time- 5:00 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Rain, 18℃
England vs Ireland Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the ENG vs IRE Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts.
England will be locking horns with Ireland in the 1st ODI at Leeds and the contest promises to be an absolute crackerjack of a contest.
The Three Lions are coming on the back of a brilliant performance against New Zealand in ODIs and registered a 3-1 series victory.
Ireland will have to punch above their weight in order to win this ODI series against the defending champions.
They will not be participating in the upcoming ICC ODI World Cup 2023 as they failed to qualify for it but they would be playing for pride, prestige and honour in this series.
Top Batters ENG vs IRE
- Andre Balbirnie (IRE)- 2907 runs in ODIs
- Paul Stirling (IRE)- 5598 runs in ODIs
- Joe Root (ENG)- 6246 runs in ODIs
Top Bowlers for ENG vs IRE
- Mark Adair (IRE)- 54 wickets in ODIs
- Joshua Little (IRE)- 48 wickets in ODIs
- Craig Overton (ENG)- 5 wickets in ODIs
ENG vs IRE Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If ENG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- ENG is expected to score 400-420 runs
- Result prediction- ENG will win the match by 80-100 runs
Scenario 2- If IRE bats first
- First Innings score prediction- IRE is expected to score 240-260 runs
- Result prediction- ENG will win the match by 6 wickets
ENG vs IRE Today Match Prediction, 1st ODI, Who Will Win the Match?
England to win
We predict that England will be winning the 1st ODI between these two sides. Even though the Three Lions have named a young and inexperienced side for this ODI series, the quality isn’t short.
Joe Root too has been named for the 1st ODI and that will bolster the English side.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
England Playing XI
Zak Crawley(C), Will Jacks, Joe Root, Ben Duckett, Sam Hain, Phil Salt(wk), Rehan Ahmed, Craig Overton, Brydon Carse, Luke Wood, Matthew Potts
Ireland Predicted Playing XI
Paul Stirling(C), Andy Balbirnie, Lorcan Tucker(wk), Harry Tector, George Dockrell, Curtis Campher, Stephen Doheny, Andy McBrine, Mark Adair, Josh Little, Craig Young
Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley(c), Joe Root, Philip Salt, Jamie Smith(w), Rehan Ahmed, Will Jacks, Luke Wood, Brydon Carse, Tom Hartley, George Scrimshaw, Matthew Potts, Sam Hain
Paul Stirling(c), Andrew Balbirnie, Lorcan Tucker(w), Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Craig Young, Mark Adair, Barry McCarthy, Joshua Little, Neil Rock, Graham Hume, Andy McBrine, Theo van Woerkom