- Match: England (ENG) vs New Zealand (NZ)
- Date – 30th August 2023
- Match Format – T20I
- Venue – Riverside Ground, Durham
- Time –10:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast: Thundershower, 31℃
England vs New Zealand Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the ENG vs NZ Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. In the 1st T20I, England will be hosting New Zealand at the Riverside Ground in Durham.
Ahead of the 1st T20I, both the sides would be extremely confident as they have a solid team. Jos Buttler and co. would be extremely confident as they are playing at home.
On the other hand, New Zealand too would be confident of outclassing the Three Lions. They are coming on the back of a 2-1 T20I series win against UAE in the slow and sluggish conditions of UAE.
We can expect an absolute crackerjack of a contest in this match as both the sides would be aiming for the top honours in this 4-match T20I series.
The series will be followed by a 4-match ODI series, which will be a good preparation ahead of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023.
Top Batters ENG vs NZ
- Jos Buttler (ENG) – 2713 runs in T20Is
- Devon Conway (NZ) – 1234 runs in T20Is
- Liam Livingstone (ENG)– 423 runs in T20Is
Top Bowlers for ENG vs NZ
- Tim Southee (NZ) – 140 wickets in T20Is
- Mark Wood (ENG) – 45 wickets in T20Is
- Moeen Ali (ENG) – 42 wickets in T20Is
ENG vs NZ Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If ENG bats first
- First Innings score prediction – ENG is expected to score 200-210 runs
- Result prediction – ENG will win the match by 30-40 runs
Scenario 2- If NZ bats first
- First Innings score prediction – NZ is expected to score 160-170 runs
- Result prediction – ENG will win the match by 8 wickets
ENG vs NZ Today Match Prediction, 1st T20I, Who Will Win the Match?
England to win
We predict that England will be winning this game and will be taking a lead in this T20I series. Packed with world-class players with a lot of qualities, England would be firm favourites at home.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
England Playing XI
Dawid Malan, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler (c), Liam Livingstone, Will Jacks, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Rehan Ahmed, Mark Wood, Adil Rashid
New Zealand Playing XI
Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Daryll Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Glenn Philipps, Rachin Ravindra, Tim Seifert, Tim Southee (c), Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson
Jos Buttler (c) (wk), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Ben Duckett, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Will Jacks, Gus Atkinson, John Turner, Josh Tongue, Luke Wood, Sam Curran, Rehan Ahmed, Adil Rashid.
Tim Southee (c), Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway (wk), Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert (wk), Ish Sodhi
Also read: Asia Cup 2023: 5 Players To Watch Out For