- Match: England (ENG) vs New Zealand (NZ)
- Date- 1st September 2023
- Match Format- T20I
- Venue- Old Trafford Cricket Ground
- Time-10:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast: Showers, 19℃
England vs New Zealand Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the ENG vs NZ Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. In the 2nd T20I, we will be witnessing an exciting clash between England and New Zealand.
England had won the 1st T20I with ease after a dominant performance. The reigning T20 champions of the world made sure that they send out a strong statement ahead of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023.
The bowling charge was led by Luke Wood and Brydon Chase as England decided to test their bench strength. Both these bowlers bagged 3 wickets.
Perennial performer for England in this format, Dawid Malan was at his usual best. He displayed great composure during the run-chase and scored 54 runs in 42 deliveries.
Harry Brook too performed well and he scored an unbeaten knock of 43* runs.
Top Batters ENG vs NZ
- Harry Brook (ENG)- 43* runs in the 1st T20I
- Dawid Malan (ENG)- 54 runs in the 1st T20I
- Glenn Phillips (NZ)- 41 runs in the 1st T20I
Top Bowlers for ENG vs NZ
- Luke Wood (ENG)- 3 wickets in the 1st T20I
- Brydon Carse (ENG)- 3 wickets in the 1st T20I
- Tim Southee (NZ)- 141 wickets in T20Is
ENG vs NZ Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If ENG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- ENG is expected to score 220-240 runs
- Result prediction- ENG will win the match by 20-30 runs
Scenario 2- If NZ bats first
- First Innings score prediction- NZ is expected to score 160-170 runs
- Result prediction- ENG will win the match by 4 wickets
ENG vs NZ Today Match Prediction, 2nd T20I, Who Will Win the Match?
England to win
We predict that England will be taking a 2-0 lead in the ongoing series with a win in this game. The bench strength of England is solid and that bodes well for them in this busy calendar year.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
There are no injury news as of now. We will update if there are any updates.
Probable Playing 11
England Playing XI
Dawid Malan, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler (c), Liam Livingstone, Brydon Carse, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Harry Brook, Luke Wood, Adil Rashid
New Zealand Playing XI
Devon Conway, Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Daryll Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Glenn Philipps, Rachin Ravindra, Tim Seifert, Tim Southee (c), Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson
Jos Buttler (c) (wk), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Ben Duckett, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Will Jacks, Gus Atkinson, John Turner, Josh Tongue, Luke Wood, Sam Curran, Rehan Ahmed, Adil Rashid.
Tim Southee (c), Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway (wk), Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert (wk), Ish Sodhi