- Match: Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore (LSG vs. RCB)
- Date- 25th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Partly Cloudy, 32℃
Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the LSG vs. RCB Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Royal Challengers Bangalore will battle against Lucknow Super Giants in the Eliminator match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Wednesday, 25th May 2022 at the Eden Gardens. Keep on reading for more information on the LSG vs. RCB game.
Lucknow Super Giants will be disappointed after finishing in 3rd spot in the group stage as they dominated the proceedings for the most part of the season but lost the plot in the last few matches. However, the last match heroics of Quinton de Kock will provide them much-needed confidence at the top which was missing throughout the tournament. Their side is one of the most balanced sides but one area where they lack is losing wickets in bunches.
Only Deepak Hooda from the middle-order has risen to the occasion when the team needed him, otherwise experienced campaigners like Krunal and Manish have failed to take advantage of the opportunity. If they want to win this match, then their middle order needs to deliver. While their opponents Royal Challengers Bangalore will be more confident coming to this clash as Virat Kohli has returned to runs.
In the last match of the group stage, Virat showcased why he is the greatest batsman of IPL and smoked big guns like Rashid Khan all over the park. Royal Challengers have a solid squad as well but their struggle in starting over is easily visible to opponents and they need to solve their powerplay problems. They have taken the fewest wickets in powerplay compared to all other teams and the main reason is the form of Mohammed Siraj.
Royal Challengers Bangalore have defeated Lucknow once in the tournament but that time also, their batting line-up suffered some early blows against Lucknow bowlers but Faf saved them in that match. Eden Gardens is expected to be a pacy wicket where Lucknow is going to start as favorites.
Top Batsmen for LSG vs. RCB
- Faf du Plessis (RCB)- 10 Matches, 305 runs at 130 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Glenn Maxwell (RCB)– 10 Matches, 260 runs at 169 strike rate (last 10 games)
- KL Rahul (LSG)- 10 Matches, 405 runs at 137 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Quinton de Kock (LSG)- 10 Matches, 353 runs at 156 strike rate (last 10 games)
Top Bowlers for LSG vs. RCB
- Mohsin Khan (LSG)- 7 Matches, 13 wickets at 5.70 economy (This season)
- Jason Holder (LSG)- 10 Matches, 11 wickets at 9.76 economy (last 10 games)
- Hasaranga (RCB)- 10 Matches, 16 wickets at 7.33 economy (last 10 games)
- Josh Hazlewood (RCB)- 10 Matches, 15 wickets at 8.08 economy (last 10 games)
LSG vs. RCB Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If LSG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- LSG is expected to score 180
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 10 runs.
Scenario 2- If RCB bats first
- First Innings score prediction- RCB is expected to score 150
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 4 wickets.
LSG vs. RCB Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
LSG to win
Lucknow Super Giants have a more solid lineup compared to Royal Challengers Bangalore and especially on Eden Garden’s pitch their bowlers are expected to have the upper hand on Bangalore’s batsmen. A Lot of chances of Lucknow will be dependent on the form of Quinton de Kock and KL Rahul who have been scoring heavily. While Royal Challengers Bangalore aren’t in top form at the moment as their bowlers have struggled in the last few matches. They will be hoping for a masterclass from Kohli otherwise Lucknow is the outright favourite for this match.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Royal Challengers Bangalore might again go with the same playing eleven.
- Krunal Pandya is expected to come back into eleven in place of Vohra or Gowtham.
LSG vs. RCB Probable Playing 11
LSG Playing XI
Quinton de Kock (wk), KL Rahul (c), Evin Lewis, Deepak Hooda, Manan Vohra, Marcus Stoinis, Jason Holder, Krunal Pandya, Mohsin Khan, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi
RCB Playing XI
Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis (c), Rajat Patidar, Glenn Maxwell, Mahipal Lomror, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Harshal Patel, Siddarth Kaul, Josh Hazlewood
Squad for LSG vs. RCB, Eliminator, IPL 2022
Lucknow Super Giants:
KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Marcus Stoinis, Ayush Badoni, Jason Holder, Krunal Pandya, Dushmantha Chameera, Avesh Khan, Ravi Bishnoi, Shahbaz Nadeem, Manan Vohra, Kyle Mayers, Evin Lewis, Ankit Rajpoot, Andrew Tye, Mohsin Khan, Karan Sharma, Mayank Yadav, Krishnappa Gowtham
Royal Challengers Bangalore:
Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis (c), Rajat Patidar, Glenn Maxwell, Mahipal Lomror, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Harshal Patel, Siddarth Kaul, Josh Hazlewood, Akash Deep, Anuj Rawat, Finn Allen, Suyash Prabhudessai, Sherfane Rutherford, Aneeshwar Gautam, Chama V Milind, Jason Behrendorff, David Willey, Karn Sharma, Mohammed Siraj