- Match: Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad (MI vs SRH)
- Date- 17th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Wankhede Stadium
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 30℃
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad (MI vs SRH) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the MI vs SRH Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Sunrisers Hyderabad will play for survival against Mumbai Indians who are already out of the playoff race in the 65th match of TATA IPL, 2022 on Tuesday, 17th May 2022 at the Wankhede Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the MI vs. SRH game.
Mumbai Indians have put up some courageous performances in the last few matches and the last match against Chennai was something which fans were hoping for from them. Their bowling has looked in much better shape after the inclusion of Sams and Meredith. Both have supported Bumrah well and batting has also supported their bowlers. This match is going to be crucial for Rohit Sharma who has been poor throughout the season and would be hoping to return to form from the last few matches.
Their opponents Sunrisers Hyderabad are also nearly out of playoff contention but would be hoping for miracles from other teams. Their batting has been the biggest disappointment in 2nd half of the tournament and especially Kane Williamson has been relentlessly poor. Only Abhishek Sharma has been a lone warrior and Rahul Tripathi also lost his firepower in 2nd half.
This game is a kind of dead rubber for both teams as the result of this match isn’t going to affect the standings. But Sunrisers do have an outside chance and are expected to go all guns blazing in this match.
Top Batsmen for MI vs SRH
- Abhishek Sharma (SRH)- 10 Matches, 352 runs at 141 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Aiden Markram (SRH)– 10 Matches, 289 runs at 145 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Ishan Kishan (MI)- 10 Matches, 192 runs at 102 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Tilak Varma (MI)- 10 Matches, 285 runs at 124 strike rate (last 10 games)
Top Bowlers for MI vs SRH
- Daniel Sams (MI)- 7 Matches, 11 wickets at 8.15 economy (last 7 games)
- Jasprit Bumrah (MI)- 10 Matches, 8 wickets at 7.00 economy (last 10 games)
- Umran Malik (SRH)- 10 Matches, 16 wickets at 8.62 economy (last 10 games)
- T Natarajan (SRH)- 8 Matches, 14 wickets at 8.94 economy (last 8 games)
MI vs SRH Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If MI bats first
- First Innings score prediction- MI is expected to score 165
- Result prediction- MI will win the match by 10 runs.
Scenario 2- If SRH bats first
- First Innings score prediction- SRH is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- SRH will win the match by 5 runs.
MI vs SRH Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
MI to win
Mumbai Indians have 3 wins in the last 4 games and their team has seemed to have clicked in the last phase of the tournament. Their bowling has been impressive and especially Wankhede’s pitch is going to suit their skiddy bowlers. Sunrisers have struggled against Mumbai Indians in the past and have only won one game against them in the last 5 matches. It is going to be a battle of pace between both sides and we think Mumbai Indians are likely to come out on top.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Mumbai Indians are likely to play with the same eleven
- Surya Kumar Yadav is ruled out of the tournament
- Sunrisers Hyderabad might bring in Abdul Samad for Shashank Singh
MI vs SRH Probable Playing 11
MI Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan (wk), Tilak Varma, Tristan Stubbs, Ramandeep Singh, Tim David, Daniel Sams, Kumar Kartikeya, Hrithik Shokeen, Jasprit Bumrah, Riley Meredith
SRH Playing XI
Abhishek Sharma, Kane Williamson (c), Rahul Tripathi, Aiden Markram, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Abdul Samad, Washington Sundar, Marco Jansen, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, T Natarajan, Umran Malik
Squad for MI vs SRH, Match 65, IPL 2022
Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan (wk), Dewald Brevis, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Kieron Pollard, Ramandeep Singh, Murugan Ashwin, Jaydev Unadkat, Jasprit Bumrah, Basil Thampi, Fabian Allen, Anmolpreet Singh, Riley Meredith, Mayank Markande, Tim David, Aryan Juyal, Arjun Tendulkar, Hrithik Shokeen, Rahul Buddhi, Arshad Khan, Tymal Mills, Daniel Sams, Sanjay Yadav
Abhishek Sharma, Kane Williamson (c), Rahul Tripathi, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Aiden Markram, Shashank Singh, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Marco Jansen, Umran Malik, T Natarajan, Shreyas Gopal, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ravikumar Samarth, Glenn Phillips, Vishnu Vinod, Priyam Garg, Kartik Tyagi, Romario Shepherd, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Abdul Samad, Saurabh Dubey