Who is Trent Boult?
Trent Boult is a left-arm fast bowler who opens the bowling for the New Zealand Cricket team. He represents the Northern Districts of New Zealand in the domestic circuit and the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL.
Boult plays in all three formats of the game, and this player has played International Cricket with all three kinds of Cricket balls viz—red, White, and Pink.
Trent Alexander Boult is his full name. He was born in Rotorua, New Zealand, and is a great bowler.
Trent Boult :
Trent Alexander Boult was born on July 22, 1989, and has completed 33 years of age. His height in feet is 5ft 11 inches, and he weighs around 70 kg.
|Full name||Trent Alexander Boult|
|Nickname||TNT; Thunder Boult|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1989|
|Place of Birth||Rotorua in New Zealand|
|Height||5ft 11 inches|
|College||Otumaetai College Tauranga|
Trent Boult Family:
Trent was born into a Christian family on January 20, 1994, in Rotorua in New Zealand. His family consists of his parents and one sibling, his brother Jono Boult. His father’s name is Ian Boult, and his Mother’s name is Boult. He is married to Gert Smith, his long-time girlfriend, and has two children.
|Marriage Date||August 2017|
Trent Boult Achievements
|2011||22||Test debut vs. Australia|
|2012||23||ODI debut vs. West Indies|
|2013||24||T20I debut vs. England|
|2014||25||Signed by Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|2015||26||Picked for the 50-over WC|
|2016||27||Won IPL with SRH|
|2017||28||Bought by Delhi Capitals|
|2019||30||Runner up in the CWC 2019|
|2019||30||Went to Mumbai Indians|
|2022||32||Went to Rajasthan Royals for 8cr|
Trent Boult’s Cricket Career
• Boult went wicketless in the first-ever ODI he played even though it was only against the Prime Minister XI for New Zealand. Boult was noted for delivering at speeds of 143 plus.
• Although he was part of the squad in 2014, he failed to make it to the playing XI against Pakistan in the UAE. However, he did feature in the South African series played at home.
• Trent was chosen for the ODI WC in 2015.
• Despite his weakness in moving the white ball over the red one, he managed to scalp 100 wickets in just 29 ODI’s by 2013.
• Boult’s persistence paid off at the 2015 WC in which he took 22 wickets and was named Joint leading wicket-taker. His 5 for 27 is still one of the best examples of medium-pace bowling
• Boult continued with his excellent bowling and, in the process, collected his fifth successful Fiver in ODI’s against India in the 2018- 19 tour against India. He thus equaled Sir Richard Hadlee’s record, and India was pushed to the lowest score in ODIs since 2010.
• Trent Boult’s exploits with the ball continued in the ICC WC 2019 by scalping 17 wickets. His catch at the boundary is regarded as one of the best catches ever. Unfortunately, he stepped onto the skirting, and a sixer was awarded to Ben Stokes. It is history now that Stokes got England to a thrilling victory even though it was under dubious umpiring.
• Boult announced his arrival in Test Cricket in 2011-12 seasons against Australia.
• New Zealand won this test match against Australia by a mere seven runs, but this was the first series against the Aussies since 1985.
• He recorded his first ten-wicket haul against the West Indies. His partner in destruction was Tim Southee.
• Trent Boult was the first Kiwi to capture a fiver in the day-night test against Australia. Josh Hazelwood had achieved the same feat earlier in the match.
• Boult produced a match-winning 6/ 32 against England in Auckland, in 2018. England collapsed in their first innings for 58, and New Zealand won the match, with Boult being crowned MoM.
• Boult debuted against the English in 2013, bowled his full four overs, and scalped two wickets.
• New Zealand formed a strategy on how their T20 team should be, and Boult was not allowed to fit in.
Other T20 Leagues Career
• Trent Boult has been involved in the IPL since 2015. He now plays for MI.
• He has featured in 55 matches and has scalped 71 wickets. His economy rate stands at 8.52 and considering the bowls in power plays initially, and at the death, this economy rate is deemed excellent.
• Boult has one four-wicket haul only in the IPL.
Net Worth of Trent Boult:
Trent Boult’s net worth totals ₹21 Crores as of 2020. His net worth includes the income he receives from all the sources, including the IPL.
Trent Boult’s Social Media:
Boult is active on social media these days & he has a growing following there. Boult’s Instagram and other social Account Details are:
Trent Boult As A Cricketer
Now we take a look at Boult’s Cricket Stats, consisting of his primary cricket stats & cricket Milestones achieved by him in his career.
|Playing Role||Bowling All-rounder|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling style||Left-arm Medium Pace|
|Trent Boult Jersey number||#18|
Trent Boult ICC Batting Rankings
Trent Boult Career Stats
Here we have all of Trent Boult’s achievements, including his career statics, batting career summary & all his necessary cricket information.
Career Bowling Stats
Left-Arm Fast Medium Bowler
Career Batting Stats
Career Fielding Stats
|ODI 2012 –||37||4||0|
|T20I 2013 –||20||1||0|
|IPL 2015 –||30||4||0|
Test debut vs. Australia at Bellerive Oval, December 09, 2011
Last Test vs. Pakistan at Hagley Oval, January 03, 2021
ODI debut vs. West Indies at Warner Park, July 11, 2012
Final ODI vs. Bangladesh at Basin Reserve, March 26, 2021
T20 debut vs. England at Eden Park, February 09, 2013
Last T2 vs. Australia at Westpac Stadium, March 07, 2021
IPL debut vs. Chennai Super Kings at MA Chidambaram Stadium, April 11, 2015
Last IPL vs. Punjab Kings at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, May 19, 2023
Trent Boult -Unknown facts
1. Opponents continue: Trent Boult represented New Zealand in the 2008 U-19 WC. The following are the players (opponents and colleagues who played along with him then).
2. Brothers but no similarity!
Trent has an elder brother named Jono, who also plays cricket. The irony is that Jono is a spinner, and Trent is a speedster.
Jono bats left-handed and bowls right-arm, which is precisely opposite to what Trent Boult does.
3. History repeats and earns praise:
The Lethal combination of Trent Boult and Tim Southee may not measure up to Lillee and Thomo, but they are getting there. That’s why Richard Hadlee calls these speedsters a superb new-ball combination.
4. A Debut to remember:
Boult made his debut against the Aussies in 2011, scalped four Aussies for 80 runs, and scored 21 runs, which helped New Zealand beat the Aussies. An important win as 1993 was their last hurrah!
5. Snaps Catches:
Boult is compared with the best fielders in New Zealand and outside. He has taken incredible catches.
Trent Boult –Controversies
No controversies are surrounding Trent Boult as of date.
Q. Is Trent Boult still on the Central Contract
A. No, NZC has released Trent Boult from the central contract.
Q.For which teams is Trent Boult currently playing?
A. Trent Boult is currently playing for New Zealand and Rajasthan Royals.
Q. How much is Trent Boult’s height?
A. Trent Boult is 180cm tall.
Q. How much does Trent Boult earn?
A. Trent Boult is earning around 12 crores per year.
Q. What is Trent Boult’s jersey number?
A. Trent Boult’s jersey number is 18.