- Match: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Lucknow Super Giants (KKR vs. LSG)
- Date- 18th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- DY Patil Stadium
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 29℃
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Lucknow Super Giants Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the KKR vs LSG Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Kolkata Knight Riders will take on Lucknow Super Giants in the 66th match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Wednesday, 18th May 2022 at DY Patil Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the KKR vs. LSG game.
Kolkata Knight Riders are still in the hunt for playoffs but will have to go through strong Lucknow Super Giants in their last match of the tournament. The Kolkata team have won the last two games and their teams look way more solid now after chopping and changing throughout the tournament.
Their spinners are again spinning their web in middle overs and slow pitches are now working in their favour. Although their batting still hasn’t performed at their potential and after Rahane’s injury, their misery in the opening slot is likely to continue.
On the other hand, Lucknow has made their task tough for playoffs with two back to back losses. They were touted to finish in the top 2 after reaching 16 points mark with 3 games in hand but now they must win the last game to even qualify for playoffs. Their bowling has been consistent but their batting has failed in the last few matches.
They are heavily dependent on KL Rahul and Deepak Hooda for runs and experienced campaigners like Krunal Pandya, and Marcus Stoinis need to start performing with the bat.
Lucknow and Kolkata both are coming off contrasting recent form but both teams desperately need to win this game. Kolkata Knight Riders do have an outside chance for playoffs while Lucknow will be hoping to win and with a big margin to make their case strong for a top 2 finish.
Top Batsmen for KKR vs. LSG
- Nitish Rana (KKR)- 10 Matches, 288 runs at 140 strike rate
- Shreyas Iyer (KKR)– 10 Matches, 292 runs at 129 strike rate
- KL Rahul (LSG)- 10 Matches, 361 runs at 134 strike rate
- Quinton de Kock (LSG)- 10 Matches, 293 runs at 140 strike rate
Top Bowlers for KKR vs. LSG
- Andre Russell (KKR)- 10 Matches, 15 wickets at 8.59 economy
- Tim Southee (KKR)- 6 Matches, 9 wickets at 7.04 economy
- Jason Holder (LSG)- 10 Matches, 11 wickets at 9.31 economy
- Mohsin Khan (LSG)- 6 Matches, 10 wickets at 5.83 economy
KKR vs. LSG Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If LSG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- LSG is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 10 runs.
Scenario 2- If KKR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- KKR is expected to score 150
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 4 wickets.
KKR vs. LSG Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
LSG to win
Lucknow Super Giants have already defeated Kolkata Knight Riders once on a slowish pitch and DY Patil is again expected to be a slower side which will suit their style. They aren’t in the best of form at the moment but will look to deliver a thumping performance before battling out in the playoffs. Their opponents Kolkata have a very fragile batting which could heavily struggle against their quality bowlers. We think Lucknow Super Giants will win this match.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Ajinkya Rahane is ruled out of the tournament
- Baba Indrajith or Sheldon Jackson could replace Rahane
- Evin Lewis could come in for Chameera
KKR vs LSG Probable Playing 11
LSG Playing XI
Quinton de Kock (wk), KL Rahul (c), Evin Lewis, Deepak Hooda, Krunal Pandya, Ayush Badoni, Marcus Stoinis, Jason Holder, Mohsin Khan, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan
KKR Playing XI
Venkatesh Iyer, Baba Indrajith, Shreyas Iyer (c), Nitish Rana, Sam Billings (wk), Rinku Singh, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Umesh Yadav, Tim Southee, Varun Chakaravarthy
Squad for KKR vs. LSG, Match 66, IPL 2022
Lucknow Super Giants:
Quinton de Kock (wk), KL Rahul (c), Deepak Hooda, Krunal Pandya, Ayush Badoni, Marcus Stoinis, Jason Holder, Mohsin Khan, Ravi Bishnoi, Dushmantha Chameera, Avesh Khan, Manish Pandey, Shahbaz Nadeem, Manan Vohra, Kyle Mayers, Evin Lewis, Ankit Rajpoot, Krishnappa Gowtham, Andrew Tye, Mayank Yadav, Karan Sharma
Kolkata Knight Riders:
Ajinkya Rahane, Venkatesh Iyer, Shreyas Iyer (c), Sam Billings (wk), Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Pat Cummins, Umesh Yadav, Rasikh Salam, Varun Chakaravarthy, Tim Southee, Aaron Finch, Mohammad Nabi, Sheldon Jackson, Chamika Karunaratne, Baba Indrajith, Rinku Singh, Anukul Roy, Shivam Mavi, Pratham Singh, Abhijeet Tomar, Aman Hakim Khan, Ashok Sharma, Ramesh Kumar