- Match: Punjab Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants (PBKS vs LSG)
- Date- 29th April 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- MCA, Pune
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 31℃
Punjab Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants (PBKS vs LSG) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the PBKS vs LSG Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Lucknow Super Giants will face Punjab Kings in the 42nd match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Monday, 29 April 2022 at the Pune Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the PBKS vs. LSG game.
Punjab Kings finally registered a win after a couple of setbacks and now will look to build on from here. They are currently at the 6th spot with 4 wins and 4 losses and a win here will get them on a level with the 3rd spot team. Shikhar Dhawan in the last match led the charge in the batting department with blistering 88 runs and Rabada, Arshdeep complimented brilliantly. They finally might have found their ideal eleven and Lucknow Super Giants are a perfect test for them.
Lucknow Super Giants are also coming off an emphatic win against Mumbai Indians at Wankhede in a low-scoring thriller. For Giants, their captain Rahul is plundering runs at the top but contributions from other batsmen are still not enough. They are yet to solve the number 3 spot conundrum as Manish Pandey is yet to prove his worth. Eyes will be on team changes for this match as if Avesh Khan is fit then will they drop Mohsin Khan who was star of last game.
Both teams are in a similar state and every win and loss is going to affect the team’s chances in the next stage. Lucknow Super Giants have been consistent with their brand of cricket and are definitely favorites for this clash.
Top Batsmen for PBKS vs LSG
- KL Rahul (LSG)- 8 Matches, 368 runs at 147 strike rate (this season)
- Quinton de Kock (LSG)– 8 Matches, 225 runs at 133 strike rate (this season)
- Liam Livingstone (PBKS)- 8 Matches, 245 runs at 187 strike rate (this season)
- Shikhar Dhawan (PBKS)- 8 Matches, 302 runs at 132 strike rate (this season)
Top Bowlers for PBKS vs LSG
- Rahul Chahar (PBKS)- 8 Matches, 10 wickets at 7.59 economy (this season)
- Kagiso Rabada (PBKS)- 7 Matches, 9 wickets at 8.08 economy (this season)
- Avesh Khan (LSG)- 7 Matches, 11 wickets at 8.29 economy (this season)
- Jason Holder (LSG)- 6 Matches, 9 wickets at 8.71 economy (this season)
PBKS vs LSG Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If PBKS bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PBKS is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If LSG bats first
- First Innings score prediction- LSG is expected to score 180
- Result prediction- LSG will win the match by 10 runs.
PBKS vs LSG Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
LSG to win
Lucknow Super Giants has a very solid team and even without Avesh in the last game, they defended a low total which shows their great depth. Pune pitch has been a batting savvy throughout the tournament and both teams would fancy their chances for a big score.
Punjab does have some lethal hitters in their squad but Super Giants has a compact batting line-up that can deal with any conditions against any bowler. The versatility of Lucknow Super Giants makes them favorites for this clash and we think they will edge out Punjab Kings.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Punjab Kings will go with the same playing eleven from the last game
- Avesh Khan could make his comeback in place of Mohsin if he is fit
PBKS vs LSG Probable Playing 11
PBKS Playing XI
Mayank Agarwal (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Rishi Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Sandeep Sharma, Arshdeep Singh
LSG Playing XI
KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Manish Pandey, Marcus Stoinis, Deepak Hooda, Ayush Badoni, Krunal Pandya, Jason Holder, Dushmantha Chameera, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan
Squad for PBKS vs LSG, Match 42, IPL 2022
Mayank Agarwal (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Odean Smith, Shahrukh Khan, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Vaibhav Arora, Arshdeep Singh, Benny Howell, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Sandeep Sharma, Rishi Dhawan, Baltej Singh, Writtick Chatterjee, Prerak Mankad, Ishan Porel, Atharva Taide, Prabhsimran Singh, Harpreet Brar, Nathan Ellis, Ansh Patel, Raj Bawa
Lucknow Super Giants:
KL Rahul (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Deepak Hooda, Ayush Badoni, Krunal Pandya, Jason Holder, Krishnappa Gowtham, Dushmantha Chameera, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Evin Lewis, Andrew Tye, Manish Pandey, Shahbaz Nadeem, Manan Vohra, Kyle Mayers, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohsin Khan, Karan Sharma, Mayank Yadav
DC vs KKR Today Match Prediction, 41st Match, TATA IPL, 28th April
GT vs SRH Today Match Prediction, 40th Match, TATA IPL, 27th April