- Match: Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals (PBKS vs RR)
- Date- 7th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Wankhede Stadium
- Time- 3:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 31℃
Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals (PBKS vs RR) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the PBKS vs RR Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Rajasthan Royals will take on Punjab Kings in the 52nd match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Monday, 7 May 2022 at the Wankhede Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the PBKS vs. RR game.
Punjab Kings registered a fitting victory in the last game against Gujarat Titans and stayed alive in the race for playoffs. They are slowly peaking at the right moment but consistency is the thing that they need at the moment.
For them, Kagiso Rabada is in red hot form and his form is going to be a key factor for their chances of playoffs. Although the batting jigsaw is yet to be solved as in the last game Mayank demoted himself to give Johnny his favorite opening slot but he failed to grab the opportunity which increases their concerns.
Punjab Kings will be facing Rajasthan Royals themselves who have been hot and cold in recent games. The Rajasthan side is coming off two back-to-back losses and certainly, their over-dependency on Jos Buttler is exposed to other teams. With four games remaining, Rajasthan will be looking to put their best foot forward and at least win two matches to qualify for playoffs.
Both teams haven’t met so far this season and in the past, Rajasthan Royals got the better of Punjab. They have won 3 games out of the last 5 encounters and their chances of adding one more to the tally are higher because the game will be played at Wankhede which suits their style.
Top Batsmen for PBKS vs RR
- Jos Buttler (RR)- 10 Matches, 588 runs at 150 strike rate (this season)
- Sanju Samson (RR)– 10 Matches, 298 runs at 153 strike rate (this season)
- Liam Livingstone (PBKS)- 10 Matches, 293 runs at 186 strike rate (this season)
- Shikhar Dhawan (PBKS)- 10 Matches, 369 runs at 124 strike rate (this season)
Top Bowlers for PBKS vs RR
- Rahul Chahar (PBKS)- 10 Matches, 12 wickets at 7.52 economy (this season)
- Kagiso Rabada (PBKS)- 9 Matches, 17 wickets at 8.27 economy (this season)
- Yuzvendra Chahal (RR)- 10 Matches, 19 wickets at 7.28 economy (this season)
- Prasidh Krishna (RR)- 10 Matches, 12 wickets at 7.92 economy (this season)
PBKS vs RR Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If PBKS bats first
- First Innings score prediction- PBKS is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- RR will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If RR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- RR is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- PBKS will win the match by 6 wickets.
PBKS vs RR Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
RR to win
Rajasthan Royals might be going through a rough patch in recent games but their teams still have some outright in-form match-winners who can change the course of the match anytime. Although in the last few games, they are failing to build partnerships in middle overs and players are getting stuck against spinners. That is the weak spot that Punjab can exploit but the recent form of Rahul Chahar also hasn’t been top class. Keeping all the factors, we think Rajasthan Royals will edge out Punjab Kings.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Punjab Kings might go with same winning team
- Rajasthan Royals is also expected to go with same team
PBKS vs. RR Probable Playing 11
PBKS Playing XI
Mayank Agarwal (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Rishi Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Sandeep Sharma, Arshdeep Singh
RR Playing XI
Jos Buttler, Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Daryl Mitchell, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Sen
Squad for PBKS vs. RR, Match 52, IPL 2022
Mayank Agarwal (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Odean Smith, Shahrukh Khan, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Vaibhav Arora, Arshdeep Singh, Benny Howell, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Sandeep Sharma, Rishi Dhawan, Baltej Singh, Writtick Chatterjee, Prerak Mankad, Ishan Porel, Atharva Taide, Prabhsimran Singh, Harpreet Brar, Nathan Ellis, Ansh Patel, Raj Bawa
Jos Buttler, Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Daryl Mitchell, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Sen, Karun Nair, James Neesham, Rassie van der Dussen, Navdeep Saini, KC Cariappa, Obed McCoy, Tejas Baroka, Kuldip Yadav, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anunay Singh, Dhruv Jurel, Shubham Garhwal.