- Match: Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings (RR vs. CSK)
- Date- 20th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Brabourne Stadium
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 32℃
Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the RR vs CSK Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Rajasthan Royals will face Chennai Super Kings in the 68th match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Thursday, 20th May 2022 at the Brabourne. Keep on reading for more information on the RR vs. CSK game.
Rajasthan Royals have almost booked their spot for playoffs after a big win over Lucknow but they will look to seal their spot in top 2 by defeating Chennai. Samson has led this very well throughput season despite not having big depth in the batting department. Their bowling is their biggest strength and through the tournament the whole unit has performed collectively.
Match is at Brabourne Stadium where Rajasthan seamers can cause serious damage to Chennai batters who have struggled against fast conditions. Whereas Chennai has nothing to lose and will be hoping to cause damage to Rajasthan’s chances of qualifiers.
Chennai will also look to finish on high after finding some rhythm in last matches. However their main focus will be on preparing for next season and are likely to give more chances to youngsters. In the last match, Jagdeeshan and Pathirana showed their glimpses of potential and Chennai will look to test them under pressure. This match is a dead rubber for Chennai Super Kings big Rajasthan Royals who desperately need to win to finish in 2nd spot.
Top Batsmen for RR vs. CSK
- Jos Buttler (RR)- 10 Matches, 422 runs at 150 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Sanju Samson (RR)– 10 Matches, 266 runs at 149 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad (CSK)- 10 Matches, 364 runs at 133 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Devon Conway (CSK)- 5 Matches, 233 runs at 153 strike rate (last 5 games)
Top Bowlers for RR vs. CSK
- Mukesh Choudhary (CSK)- 10 Matches, 15 wickets at 8.59 economy (last 10 games)
- Maheesh Theekshana (CSK)- 9 Matches, 12 wickets at 7.46 economy (this season)
- Yuzvendra Chahal (RR)- 10 Matches, 17 wickets at 8.53 economy (last 10 games)
- Prasidh Krishna (RR)- 10 Matches, 12 wickets at 8.31 economy (last 10 games)
RR vs CSK Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If CSK bats first
- First Innings score prediction- CSK is expected to score 170
- Result prediction- RR will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If RR bats first
- First Innings score prediction- RR is expected to score 190
- Result prediction- RR will win the match by 10 runs.
RR vs. CSK Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
RR to win
Rajasthan Royals have a bigger motivation coming into this game and will look to secure their place in top 2. Sanju has been sublime in middle order but Jos Buttler has lost his touch in the last few matches which could be a worrying signal. Brabourne Stadium has been batting friendly and Rajasthan will look to continue their winning momentum at Brabourne Stadium and seal the qualifier berth.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Hetmyer is available for selection
- Chennai is likely to continue with same elevena
RR vs. CSK Probable Playing 11
CSK Playing XI
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Moeen Ali, Shivam Dube, N Jagadeesan, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Mitchell Santner, Prashant Solanki, Simarjeet Singh, Matheesha Pathirana, Mukesh Choudhary
RR Playing XI
Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Devdutt Padikkal, James Neesham, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, Obed McCoy
Squad for RR vs CSK, Match 68, IPL 2022
Chennai Super Kings:
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Moeen Ali, Shivam Dube, N Jagadeesan, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Mitchell Santner, Prashant Solanki, Simarjeet Singh, Matheesha Pathirana, Mukesh Choudhary, Robin Uthappa, Ambati Rayudu, Dwayne Bravo, Maheesh Theekshana, Tushar Deshpande, Chris Jordan, Dwaine Pretorius, Hari Nishanth, Subhranshu Senapati, KM Asif, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, Bhagath Varma
Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson(w/c), Shimron Hetmyer, Ravichandran Ashwin, Riyan Parag, Trent Boult, Kuldeep Sen, Prasidh Krishna, Yuzvendra Chahal, James Neesham, Navdeep Saini, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Karun Nair, KC Cariappa, Daryl Mitchell, Obed McCoy, Tejas Baroka, Kuldip Yadav, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anunay Singh, Dhruv Jurel, Shubham Garhwall