MI vs CSK Dream11 Team Prediction | 19th Sept 2020 | Indian Premier League 2020
Finally, the time has arrived when cricket fans and pundits around the world have a solid reason to get electrified again. The most awaited sporting tournament, i.e. the 13th season of Indian Premier League is getting kicked off from 19th September 2020.
The first fixture of this season will be played between rivals Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings after months of uncertainty and a lot of last-minute planning. CSK would be eager for an act of vengeance after MI scrape home by just one run in the finals of IPL 2019. A long layoff might be a greater challenge than the change of venue (UAE).
MI vs CSK is going to be played at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi on the 19th of September 2020.
Date and Time: 19th Sept 2020 & 07:30 PM
Venue Name: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Side Batting 1st won: 19
Side Batting 2nd won: 25
Average 1st inning score: 137
Head to Head:
MI Won: 18
CSK Won: 12
According to the weather report, there is no rain expected in Abu Dhabi in the middle of September. The surface at Sheikh Zayad Stadium is going to be flat, without much bounce. The best pitch conditions CSK would hope for. The average inning scores in other T20 tournament played here in the past is around 150-160.
MI vs CSK Dream11 Team News:
- The good news we saw in the IPL auction was the signing of Chris Lynn who would join the hitters – Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock at the top of the batting order.
- Nathan Coulter-Nile has also joined the Blue Army for this season, while Trent Boult and Sherfane Rutherford were also added to the list.
- Looking towards the Indian players, Saurabh Tiwari re-joined MI, along with Mohsin Khan, Prince Balwant Singh, and Digvijay Deshmukh.
- James Pattinson comes in place of Lasith Malinga for this season.
- However, Evin Lewis, Yuvraj Singh, and Alzarri Joseph were released from the squad.
- Rohit Sharma and de Kock will open the innings for MI, followed by Chris Lynn and Surya Kumar Yadav.
- Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, and Krunal Pandya will be seen looking after the middle order line up.
- Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult, and Hardik Pandya will be seen leading the bowling attack.
Chennai Super Kings:
- David Willey and Sam Billings have been released from the squad this year and they got new overseas player Sam Curran and Josh Hazlewood to be part of Thala’s team. However, they both will miss the first two games.
- Piyush Chawla is the highest buy for 6.75 cr. Also, CSK has got an extra spin option with the likes of R Sai Kishore.
- Senior spinner option Harbhajan Singh has also withdrawn from the squad.
- Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis will open the innings for CSK, followed by Murali Vijay and Ambati Rayadu on Numbers 3 & 4 respectively.
- M.S Dhoni, Dwayne Bravo, and Ravindra Jadeja will be seen doing hitting in the middle order.
- Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Piyush Chawla, and Imran Tahir will lead the bowling department.
MI vs CSK Squad:
MI: Rohit Sharma (c), Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Dhawal Kulkarni, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Mitchell McCleneghan, Quinton de Kock, Rahul Chahar, Rohit Sharma, Sherfane Rutherford, Suryakumar Yadav, Trent Boult, Chris Lynn, Digvijay Deshmukh, Mohsin Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Prince Balwant Rai Singh, Saurabh Tiwary, James Pattinson
CSK: MS Dhoni (c), Ambati Rayudu, KM Asif, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, Narayan Jagadeesan, Karn Sharma, Kedar Jadhav, Lungi Ngidi, Mitchell Santner, Monu Singh, Murali Vijay, Ravindra Jadeja, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shane Watson, Shardul Thakur, Josh Hazlewood, Piyush Chawla, R Sai Kishore, Sam Curran
You can check out our Latest Dream11 Match Predictions for this match.
MI vs CSK Dream11 Prediction, Line Ups:
Wicketkeeper: Q de Kock, I Kishan
Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, S. Rutherford
All-Rounder: H Pandya, K Pandya, K Pollard
Bowlers: R Chahar, J Bumrah, Trent Boult
CSK Playing 11:
Wicketkeeper: M.S Dhoni
Batsmen: S Watson, A Rayadu, F du Plessis, M Vijay/Kedhar Jadhav
All-Rounder: D Bravo, R Jadeja
Bowlers: Shardul Thakur, I Tahir, D Chahar, Piyush Chawla
Top Captain and Vice-Captain Picks:
Option1: M.S Dhoni:
Highest run-scorer for Chennai Super Kings last season. He has a lot to prove this year. Despite retiring for India’s cricket, this Wicketkeeper-batsman has 27 T20 half-centuries. He holds the records of most dismissals in the tournament by a wicketkeeper – 98 catches and 38 stumpings. Dhoni has scored 4432 runs in 190 matches at an average of 42.21 and a strike rate of 137.85.
Option 2: Rohit Sharma:
The Indian opening superstar was outstanding in the last season. He smashed more than 400 runs to help his team lift the trophy. He was seen in excellent form for India in New Zealand and is likely to cross 9000 T20 runs mark while playing this IPL season. Hitman has 36 fifties, along with 194 sixes. He has an excellent strike rate of 130.83 in the respective tournament.
Option 3: Hardik Pandya
He is known for his fearless batting style. Last year, he was exceptional with his bat and ball as he racked 400 runs at a strike rate of 191.42 and bagged 14 wickets. Overall, Pandya has scored 1068 runs in 61 IPL innings, along with 42 wickets in his pocket.
Option 4: Jasprit Bumrah
He can consistently throw yorkers, bouncers, and good-length deliveries at over 140 km/h. He is one the key bowlers, MI has and was fifth-highest wicket-taker – 19 wickets in 16 matches. In total, he has 82 wickets in 77 IPL matches at a strike rate of 26.62.
Option 1: Dwayne Bravo:
West Indian all-rounder averages 23.89 with the bat in T20 cricket and 24.49 with the ball. Not to forget, he recently took his 500th T20 wicket during a successful Caribbean Premier League.
Option 2: Piyush Chawla:
Although, he may not be playing for India, however, he has been dangerous in the domestic circuit. He is the third most wicket-taker in IPL with 150 in his pocket. He has an impressive economy of 7.82 and can turn out to be a lethal bowler at UAE turf. Every season, he has bagged 10 or more wickets.
Check out our Experts latest Online Cricket Betting Tips for Today’s match.
Best MI vs CSK Dream11 Fantasy Team Combination:
Head To Head
MI vs CSK Dream11 Prediction: Who will win the match:
Chennai Super Kings will surely miss the likes of prominent players – Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh, so we bet on Mumbai Indians to win the opening fixture of IPL 2020. Also, Mumbai has a good history at this turf, plus they have got much-balanced side than what CSK is bringing. With a set of young players, better hitters, Blue army clearly stands ahead of CSK.