Who is Rohit Sharma?
Rohit Gurunath Sharma is an International Cricket that plays for the Indian Cricket Team, Mumbai in the Domestic Cricket, and Mumbai Indians (MI) in the IPL. He is a right-hand batsman and a part-time off-break bowler.
He is the deputy to Virat Kohli in the limited over formats of the game – ODIs and T20s. He is also the Captain of his Indian Premier League franchise Team, the Mumbai Indians.
Rohit Sharma (born 30 April 1987) is the only batsman in the history to have scored 3 double tons. The International Cricket Council (ICC) recognized him as the ODI Cricketer of the Year in January 2020.
Rohit Sharma actively supports Animal Welfare Campaigns when not playing Cricket. WWF India has made the Star batsman the official Rhino Ambassador. He is also an active member of the People for Ethnic Treatment of Animals (PETA). He has actively been involved with PETA in its many campaigns to increase awareness of the situation of homeless dogs and cats in India.
Rohit Sharma has the record of having scored 3 double centuries as well as a ton in both innings of Test on his debut being an opening batsman. Rohit has made a niche in the World Cricket and commands a massive Net Worth of Rs.130 crore ($18.7 million).
Rohit Sharma Wiki –
Here is some basic information about Rohit Sharma age, full name, height, date of birth & all the basic stuff.
|Full name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Nickname||Hitman, Ro, Shaana|
|Date of Birth||30th April 1987|
|Age||33 Years ( in 2020)|
|Place of Birth||Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
Rohit Sharma Family Background, Wife, Kids – Personal Life
Rohit Sharma was born in Nagpur to Gurunath Sharma. Rohit Sharma family consisted of father, mother & younger brother. His Father’s name is Gurunath Sharma, he worked as a caretaker in transportation storehouse. His mother’s name is Purnima Sharma. He also has a younger brother who’s name is Vishal Sharma. His uncles and grandparents brought his up in Borivali. He used to visit his parents in Dombivali only during weekends. Rohit began playing Cricket in 1999 with the support of his uncles. On the recommendation of Dinesh Lad, the Coach of Rohit, he was provided with a scholarship at Vivekananda International School.
During his early days in Cricket, he was an off-spinner with nice batting skills. He switched his focus on batting after scoring a century in Harris and Giles School Tournaments. He represents West Zone in the Deodhar Trophy and Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy.
|Brother||Vishal Sharma (Younger)|
|Marriage Date||13th December 2015|
|Children||Samaira (born in 2018)|
Rohit Sharma Wife –
Rohit Sharma married Ritika Sajdeh on 13 December 2015 at Bandra’s 5 Star Hotel, and the wedding was attended by who’s who of Bollywood and Cricket. Ritika was introduced to Rohit by her ‘Rakhi Brother’ Yuvraj Singh. Rohit and Ritika dated each other for 6 years before tying the knot. The couple has a daughter after 3 years in the wedlock that they have named Samaira on 30 December 2018. Both mother and daughter are often seeing cheering for Rohit from stands in India and IPL games. Ritika also manages Rohit’s sports tours and accompanies him at different matches.
Rohit Sharma Daughter –
On 30th December 2018, the couple was blessed with a beautiful daughter. They named her Samaira. On many occasions, Rohit has been spotted playing with her daughter. He was seen playing with her on the ground after winning the IPL title in 2019. This shows that Rohit and Samaira share a cute little bond.
Rohit Sharma Social –
Rohit Sharma has a massive following on social media. He has over 29 Million followers on Instagram and Twitter combined.
Rohit Sharma Social Account –
|Rohit Sharma Instagram||12.9 M||https://www.instagram.com/rohitsharma45/|
|Rohit Sharma Twitter||16.2 M||https://twitter.com/ImRo45|
Rohit Sharma Net Worth, Salary & Endorsements –
Rohit Sharma Net Worth is estimated to be around $20 Million Dollars. In Indian rupees, it is around ₹ 152 crores.
|BCCI salary||₹ 7 crore|
|IPL Salary||₹15 crore|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Brand Endorsements||Lays, Aristocrat, Maggi, Ceat, Relispay, Adidas, Nissan, Restless Energy Drink, Hublot, Oppo, and Nasivison Nasal Spray|
Rohit Sharma Salary –
Rohit Sharma is placed in BCCI’s A+ Grade, and it means that he draws a Salary of Rs.7 crore per year. He also gets Rs.15 lakh for playing in a Test match, Rs.6 lakh in a One-Day match and Rs.3 lakh for featuring in a T20 match by the BCCI. He receives around Rs15 crores from Mumbai Indians in his IPL salary.
Rohit Sharma has earned around ₹ 1,316,000,000 from IPL to date. Here is his IPL earnings breakdown.
|2020 (Retain)||Mumbai Indians||₹ 15,00,00,000|
|2019 (Retain)||Mumbai Indians||₹ 15,00,00,000|
|2018||Mumbai Indians||₹ 15,00,00,000|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||₹ 12,50,00,000|
|2016||Mumbai Indians||₹ 12,50,00,000|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||₹ 12,50,00,000|
|2014||Mumbai Indians||₹ 12,50,00,000|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||₹ 9,20,00,000|
|2012||Mumbai Indians||₹ 9,20,00,000|
|2011||Mumbai Indians||₹ 9,20,00,000|
|2010||Deccan Chargers||₹ 3,00,00,000|
|2009||Deccan Chargers||₹ 3,00,00,000|
|2008||Deccan Chargers||₹ 3,00,00,000|
|Total||Total amount earned||₹ 1,31,60,00,000|
Rohit Sharma Sponsorships
Rohit Sharma is a known name in the Indian Cricket, and that makes him endorsing as many as 12 brands and Videocon D2H and Reliance Jio as MI’s cross deals. The independently endorsed brands by Rohit are Lays, Aristocrat, Maggi, Ceat, Relispay, Adidas, Nissan, Restless Energy Drink, Hublot, Oppo and Nasivison Nasal Spray. He is able to get around Rs.7 crore from his independent deals.
Rohit Sharma Home
The Star of the Indian Cricket currently resides in a 6000 square feet apartment in Worli’s Ahuja Towers – showcasing a 270 degrees view of the Arabian Sea. He has a fully furnished home and is on the 29th Floor. The estimated worth of his Worli home is around Rs.30 crore.
Rohit Sharma Cars
Rohit has a nice collection of cars, and Skoda Laura was the first car that he got, a mid-sized sedan. He also owns a Toyota Fortuner – a car that he uses for daily commutes in and around the City. To be used occasionally, he also owns a BMW X3.
His favorite car is BMW M5 is what he had always dreamed of buying, priced at Rs.1.5 crore. He has the Formula One Version of the car – a popular one among F1 fans in the domain of Cricket. He also has a Nissan (a brand that he is a part of), an Audi, along with a Mercedes.
Rohit Sharma – Other Sources of income at a Glance
Over the years, Rohit Sharma is Indian Premier League’s active member and earns Rs.15 crore from it due to his contract of Mumbai Indians. Other than this, he also continues receiving the bonus for hitting centuries as per the BCCI rules.
Rohit Sharma Stats & Cricket Career –
Now we take a look at Rohit’s Cricket Career & some of his major cricket stats & cricket Milestones.
|Batting style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling style||Right-arm off-break|
|Jersey Number||#45 (India & IPL)|
|Teams for which he played||India, Deccan Chargers, India A, India Green, India U19, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians, Indians, India Blue, Board Presidents XI|
|2006||19||First Class Debut for India A|
|2006||19||Ranji Trophy Debut for Mumbai|
|2008||21||IPL Debut : Deccan Chargers|
|2010||23||IPL Debut : Mumbai Indians|
|2013||26||Became Captain of Mumbai Indians|
|2013||26||Captained Mumbai Indians to first IPL victory|
|2013||26||International Test Debut|
|2013||26||Scored 1st Career ODI Double Century (209 vs Aus)|
|2014||27||Scored 2nd Career ODI Double Century (264 vs SL)|
|2014||27||Became highest individual scorer in a single innings in ODI cricket (264 vs SL)|
|2015||27||ODI World Cup Debut|
|2015||28||Captained Mumbai Indians to second IPL victory|
|2017||30||Captained Mumbai Indians to third IPL victory|
|2017||30||Scored 3rd Career ODI Double Century (208* vs SL)|
|2019||32||Captained Mumbai Indians to fourth IPL victory|
|2019||32||Became the 3rd Indian batsman to win the ICC Golden Bat award at ICC ODI World Cup 2019|
Rohit Sharma’s ICC Player Rankings –
Batting Rankings –
Sharma’s Career Statistics –
|Test debut||vs West Indies at Eden Gardens, Nov 06, 2013|
|Last Test||vs Bangladesh at Eden Gardens, Nov 22, 2019|
|ODI debut||vs Ireland at Civil Service Cricket Club, Jun 23, 2007|
|Last ODI||vs Australia at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Jan 19, 2020|
|T20 debut||vs England at Kingsmead, Sep 19, 2007|
|Last T20||vs New Zealand at Bay Oval, Feb 02, 2020|
|IPL debut||vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens, Apr 20, 2008|
|Last IPL||vs Chennai Super Kings at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, May 12, 2019|
Rohit Sharma Batting Career Summary –
Rohit Sharma Bowling Career Summary –
Rohit Sharma Charity
For a long time, Rohit Sharma has been actively involved in charity work. Being the Rhino Ambassador and a PETA member, he has also visited Nairobi to check out the way the last surviving Northern White Rhinoceros are being safeguarded. He has also been helping Mumbai kids to undergo successful cancer treatments since 2012.
Rohit Sharma recently donated to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund
India has been fighting with the deadly pandemic of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), and Rohit Sharma has pledged his part by donating in the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund. He has donated Rs.45 lakh to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund and Rs.25 lakh to Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. The Mumbai batsman has also made a donation of Rs.5 lakh to Feeding India, an NGO and another Rs.5 lakh towards Welfare of Street Dogs. He has also been actively urging his fans to stop the spread of the diseases by asking them to stay indoors.
Some less known and unknown facts about Rohit Sharma
- He was born in Nagpur, but his family moved to Dombivali, a suburb of Mumbai when he was only 1.5 years old.
- The financial condition of the family was not good and hence; he was sent to be brought up by uncles and grandparents in Dombivali. It was there that he started playing ‘Gully Cricket.’
- Dinesh Lad, his School Coach, was the first person to recognize his potential.
- He started as an off-spinner and used to bat like a tail ender, but was sent up the order when Dinesh Lad discovered his batting potential.
- He once had said that he struggles to bat against Brett Lee.
- During the IPL 2009, he claimed a hat trick while playing for Deccan Chargers (now defunct). He achieved the feat by dismissing Harbhajan Singh, Sourabh Tiwary, and Abhishek Nayar.
- He is an ardent believer of Lord Ganesha and makes it a point visiting Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai before embarking on any Tour.
- He bunked his school once to meet Virender Sehwag.
- He is also a fan of the football club, Real Madrid.
- He loves sleeping a lot.
- He would have been a real estate businessman if not a Cricketer.
- He can speak in 4 languages – Hindi, English, Marathi, and Telugu.
- He received a scholarship for this Cricketing potential in his school days.
- Rohit is a vegetarian. But he is also very fond of eating eggs. He ensures that he consumes eggs only outside his home in respect to his tradition.
- Once in Australia, he went shopping and purchased 10-15 T-Shirts and 4 Jeans amounting to Rs.1.5 lakhs.
- Rohit was named as a Brand Ambassador for Spanish League La Liga in 2019 in India.
- Rohit Sharma is an obsessed Football fan, and he follows the giant of the Football – The Real Madrid FC
Rohit Sharma Records
Here are some brilliant & mind-blowing Rohit Sharma records –
- He is the highest individual scorer in One-Day Internationals by scoring 264.
- Rohit has made 28 tons in ODIs and is third on the list Sachin Tendulkar topping the list, and Virat Kohli is at the 2nd position.
- He is the only batsman in the history of Cricket to have scored 5 centuries in the England 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- He has a unique record against his name – he has scored his century with a 6 in all 3 formats.
- 33 fours is the highest number of boundaries hit by Rohit in an ODI.
- He has broken the record of most runs being scored from sixes and fours in an ODI. He went on to score 186 in the form of boundaries. The record was held by Shane Watson of Australia earlier.
- He holds the record for hitting the most number of sixes in a One-Dayer – 16.
- He is the only batsman to have scored an innings of 150 and more 8 times in ODIs.
- He is the 2nd in the list of the fastest opener in the world and the fastest Indian opening batsman to accomplish the feat of reaching 4,000 runs. He has taken 83 innings to reach the milestone.
- He is also the world’s 2nd fastest and the fastest Indian opener to reach 5,000 ODI runs in 102 innings.
- Rohit Sharma is only the 2nd batsman to score 3 back to back 100s in a World Cup.
- Along with Sachin Tendulkar, he holds the record for hitting most hundreds in the World Cups – 06.
- He is the joint highest scorer in T20s with 8944 runs to his name.
- He is the only batsman in the T20 history to score 4 tons.
- 120 is the highest number of sixes hit by Sharma – a world record.
- After Suresh Raina, he is only the 2nd Indian who has scored a century in all 3 formats of the International Cricket.
- Rohit is the only batsman to score a century in T20 as a Skipper.
- He has the highest number of the fifties (19) among in the T20 format.
- He scored a total of 2442 runs in International Cricket in 2019. This way, he went ahead of 2387 made by Sanath Jayasurya in 1997 for Sri Lanka.
- Overall, he is the 2nd player and 1st Indian to represent India in 100 T20 games.
- Rohit Sharma is the 3rd Indian batter to score back to back 2 100s in his first 2 Test games.
Rohit Sharma’s centuries
- Rohit Sharma has 38 100s in International Cricketing career for India and is ranked 20th on the list of the batsman with most centuries.
- His favorite opponent to score is Australia as he has scored 7 100s against them. He also loves playing against Sri Lanka as he has scored 6 centuries against them.
- Rohit has 28 centuries format wise for India and is ranked 5th and 3rd (Indian) for most ODI tons. He is on the top of the table in T20s.
- He is the only player in the history of the game to have scored 4 centuries in T20s.
- Rohit Sharma has made 6 Test tons.
Rohit Sharma double tons
- Rohit Sharma has made 4 double centuries and is the only and first player to have scored 3 double tons in One-Day Internationals.
- He has scored a double ton in Test, that he made Vs South Africa in 2019.
- His first-ever double century was against Australia on 2 November 2013 in Bengaluru.
- In the next year, Rohit Sharma took the International Cricket world by the storm as he became the only player to have the highest individual ODI score. He achieved this incredible feat against Sri Lanka on 13 November 2014 at the iconic Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
- He seemed to like the Sri Lankan bowling attack a lot since his 3rd double century came against the Islanders only. He hit his 3rd double ton on 13 December 2017 against Sri Lanka at Mohali. He went on to remain not out on 208 and emerged as the only player in the history of Cricket to have scored 3 double centuries.
Rohit Sharma awards and achievements –
- 2017 CEAT Indian Cricketer of the Year
- 2015 Arjuna Award
- Dilip Sardesai Award in 2012-13 for being the Best Indian Cricketer of the Year
- Special award presented by the BCCI for scoring the highest individual score of 264 in 2014
- ICC ODI Team of the Year in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018