Sunil Narine is a Trinidadian cricketer who plays for the West Indies cricket team. Famous for his spiky hairstyle he is one of the highly proficient spin bowlers in the world. Primarily being an off-spinner, he is also an aggressive white ball batter. He made his international debut in December 2011 when West Indies toured India. He is also the leading wicket-taker in Champions League T20 with 39 wickets to his tally.
Narine has the reputation of being a “mystery spinner” due to the variations that he has on his off-breaks. He disguises his balls while keeping his bowling hand hidden behind his back during the run-up. This action makes his balls decisive and difficult for the batter to judge the spin.
Sunil Narine became a part of IPL in 2012 joining Kolkata Knight Riders. The left-hand batsman has proved himself to be a phenomenal batter as well making him an exceptional all-rounder.
Sunil Narine Net Worth
With every auction of IPL Sunil Narine’s Net Worth has also increased drastically. A major part of his income and net worth comes from cricket and IPL. The net worth of Sunil Narine has grown drastically by 170% in the past years.
Currently, Sunil Narine’s Net Worth stands at around $15.4 million which is roughly equivalent to INR 115 crore. Narine’s total earnings from IPL 2012 – 2021 is $262,000,00
|Net Worth||$15.4 million|
|Born||26 May 1988|
|Country of Origin||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Source of Wealth||Cricket and IPL|
|Last Updated||November 2021|
Sunil Narine Salary
In the 5th edition of IPL auctions, Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians were in an immense battle to obtain Sunil Narine on their side. Eventually, Kolkata Knight Riders attained him with a bid of Rs 35 million, which was 14 times more of his base price. He was later retained for a bid of a whopping Rs 125 million in the 2020 IPL auction.
A major contribution to his salary has been because of IPL and his association with other cricket leagues like Bangladesh Premier League, Big Bash League, and Caribbean Premier League.
Sunil Narine IPL salary for Kolkata Knight Riders is INR 12.5 crore per season in 2021.
Here below is the list of Narine’s IPL earnings:
|2021||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 125 million|
|2020 (Retained)||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 125 million|
|2019 (Retained)||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 125 million|
|2018||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 125 million|
|2017||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 95 million|
|2016||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 95 million|
|2015||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 95 million|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 95 million|
|2013||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 35.29 million|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders||Rs. 35.19 million|
Sunil Narine Endorsements
The brand value of Sunil Narine is very high as he is also a respected player in the cricket world. Here is a list of brands endorsed by Suni Narine:
- There is a special ‘Sunil Narine’ edition of DSC bats as DSC ‘SN74’.
- The mystery spin bowler also became the face of FairPlay- India’s first live casino.
- Atlantic Sports
- Insignia Sports
Sunil Narine Cars
The car collection of Sunil Narine is quite standard as compared to other cricketers. Not much information is there regarding his car collection. However, some of the known luxury brands that he owns include Range Rover and Audi.
Sunil Narine Career Stats
|Full Name||Sunil Philip Narine|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Batsmen|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Off-break|
|Playing Role||Bowling All-rounder|
At 6.01 Narine has the 2nd Best career Economy rate in T20Is.
Batting and Fielding
Sunil Narine IPL Career
In his first year of IPL 2012 bagged a total of 24 wickets. In the years 2013 & 2014, he took a total of 22 & 21 Wickets respectively. Although in 2015 IPL there was a downfall in his bowling figures where he managed to pick only 7 wickets as he played only 8 matches that season. Apart from his exceptional bowling skill Kolkata even used him as an opener to provide a blazing start to their side Since 2017 he was sent up the batting order where he contributed with the bat as well with a high score of 75 alongside 3 half-centuries that season.
|Batting and Fielding IPL|
Sunil Narine Personal Life and Affairs
|Full Name||Sunil Philip Narine|
|Known As||Sunil Narine|
|Date of Birth||26 May 1988|
|Birth Place||Arima, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Parents||Father- Late Shaheed Narine|
Mother- Christina Narine
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Jersey Number||#74(West Indies, IPL)|
- Narine was married to Indian origin, Nandita Kumar in 2013 where they both tied the knot in a typical Hindu ceremony. She was a nail artist by profession and came to the limelight after getting married to the Windies cricketer
- No one knows why the couple called it quits but now Narine is happily living with his current partner Anjellia.
- Not much is known regarding Narine’s current partner Anjellia and when they got married as he prefers to keep it a private affair. The couple has been celebrating their anniversary on January 6 posting pics on instagram.
- The couple recently announced in 2021 the birth of a baby boy on their Instagram handle.
Sunil Narine Controversy
- Narine has been in limelight lately due to his alleged illegal bowling action due to which he also missed out on the final match of Champions League T20 in 2014. He was suspended for illegal bowling action over 15 degrees.
- Narine also pulled out of 2015 World Cup as he needed more time to get used to his re-worked bowling action.
- Later in 2020 he was again reported for suspected illegal bowling action in a match against Kings 11 Punjab in IPL. He was further placed in the IPL Warning List by IPL Suspect Bowling Action Committee. His name was cleared upon the committe received enough video evidence and naked eye visuals of his bowling action.
Sunil Narine Unknown Facts
- Narine’s Father named him Sunil after the great Indian legend Sunil Gavaskar as he was a huge fan of him.
- He won the Emerging Cricketer of the Year Award in 2012.
- Narine took all 10 wickets in an innings in an under-19 trial match in 2006.
- He shares the record alongside Yusuf Pathan for one of the fastest Half-century in IPL 2017 (15 balls)
- Narine’s first ODI career wicket was Virat Kohli at Motera Stadium, Ahmedabad in 2011.
- According to teammate Rovman Powell, the West Indies bowler likes the color pink so much that he even owns a Pink house.
- He is the second most highly paid player in his KKR squad after Pat Cummins.
FAQs about Sunil Narine
A. Sunil Narine net worth is around $15.4 Million (115 crores)
A. Currently as of 2021 he is 33 years old.
A. Sunil Narine estimated salary is INR 12.5 crore per year
A. Nandita Kumar (m.2013)
- Kapil Dev Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Simone Biles Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family