Sydney McLaughlin is an American sprinter, hurdler, and current Olympic champion for 400m Hurdles at just the age of 22. Sydney was one of the biggest highlights of the prestigious 2020 Olympics for her electrifying performance and record-breaking performance. She has earned a big name in sports in a short span of time and is on her way to writing her name in books.
Sydney McLaughlin comes from an Athletics freak family background. Her mother was a High school sprinter, her father also was a professional sprinter and even her brother also ran for the University of Michigan. She was into running from a very young age because of the culture in her family and her father coached her in the early phase of her school career.
McLaughlin comes from a good upper-middle-class family in the USA and didn’t have to go through a lot of struggle in monetary terms but she had her own big health problems. Her father was diagnosed with heart problems and even had to go through a heart transplant. In this article, we will sneak-peek into Sydney’s net worth and lifestyle off-field.
Sydney McLaughlin Net Worth
Sydney McLaughlin is just 22 years old and is already a youth icon in the world of sports. Her net worth stands at $2 Million and most part of her earnings is through brand endorsements and government’s aid. She recently signed a record deal with New Balance company which is not surprising given the rising stature of Sydney McLaughlin.
Sydney McLaughlin Net Worth overview
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Sprinter, Hurdler, Endorsements|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Sydney McLaughlin Career and Achievements
Sydney McLaughlin was way ahead of her age group competition from a very young age. She qualified for the 2014 IAAF World Junior Championships but couldn’t take part as she was too young to participate. She also set a world record in her age group in 100m hurdles in 2014 only.
High school games and age group competitions played a major role in setting up a career and she won many accolades in the early phase of her career only. In 2016, she even won the prestigious Gatorade National Girls Athlete of the year award.
Sydney McLaughlin played for University of Kentucky for one year before turning pro in 2018. In November 2016, she signed a National Letter of Intent with the University of Kentucky. In her short stint, she set many new records and most notable was in 400m where completed in 50.36s which is world Junior record.
|2015 World Youth Championships||400m hurdles||Gold|
|2019 Diamond League||400m Hurdles||Gold|
|2019 World Championships||4x 400m Relay||Gold|
|2019 World Championships||400m Hurdles||Silver|
|2020 Olympics||400m Hurdles||Gold|
|2020 Olympics||4x 400m Relay||Gold|
Sydney McLaughlin’s Personal Best
Sydney McLaughlin’s Progression in 400m Hurdles
Sydney McLaughlin’s Brand Endorsements
In 2018, when Sydney McLaughlin decided to turn pro, many big sports companies were looking for her signature because of her potential and New Balance was the one to get her signature for an estimated deal worth $1.5 Million dollars. She earns Handsome money through Endorsements and has many big companies under her bag.
- New Balance
- Tag Heuer
Sydney McLaughlin Social Media Appearance
Sydney McLaughlin is very young but has earned a lot of names in her journey only. Like other Athletes, she is also active on Social media and gives a sneak peek into her day-to-day activities. Since she is a youth icon which makes social media is a good option for her to earn money.
|Social Media Platform||Followers|
|1 Million followers|
Sydney McLaughlin’s Property
Sydney McLaughlin is from New Jersey originally but currently lives in Los Angeles. She trains under her coach Bob Kersee. Although the details of her house are unknown but she has lived there with her boyfriend ever since Sydney McLaughlin joined the University of Kentucky.
Personal life and Family life of Sydney McLaughlin
1. Family, Personal info and Favourite Things
Sydney McLaughlin was born on 7th August 1999 in New Jersey. Almost everyone in her family is part of Athletics which was the main reason behind Sydney’s obsession for Athletics. Her father even was a Semifinalist in the 1984 Olympics trials. Her both siblings also played till college level and even her mother played till high school. Certainly succeeding in Athletics was in her genes.
|Full name||Sydney McLaughlin|
|Date of Birth||7th August 1999|
|Birth Place||New Brunswick, New Jersey|
|Brothers||Taylor McLaughlin, Ryan McLaughlin|
|Personal Best||400m Hurdles- 51.46s|
|College Team||Kentucky Wildcats|
|College||University of Kentucky|
|Events||4x 400m, 400m Hurdles, 400m|
2. Affairs and Marriage
Sydney McLaughlin is in a relationship with former NFL player Andre Levrone Jr and they recently announced their engagement on 25 August 2021 after Sydney McLaughlin’s triumph in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Andre reportedly met Sydney McLaughlin during a sports event in Los Angeles and has been dating for years ever since.
Unknown Facts about Sydney McLaughlin
- Sydney McLaughlin left Social media before Tokyo Olympics to stay focused and after making a world record in 400. Hurdles, she labelled ditching Social media was the best decision.
- Sydney McLaughlin comes from Athletics family and all members in her family have played Athletics at some competitive level.
- She labelle’s running as fun and doesn’t take it as a profession.
- She forfeited her Contract of Letter of Intent to turn professional.
- She is the only athlete to be contracted to Morris Endeavor who generally represents Hollywood Stars.
- She became the youngest Athlete to compete in Track and field events for the USA in Rio Olympics 2016.
- Sydney McLaughlin is an expert in juggling and can even juggle riding a unicycle.
- Sydney McLaughlin won Gatorade National Girls Athlete of the year in 2015.
FAQs about Sydney McLaughlin
United States of America
No, but she is engaged to Andre Levrone Jr.
In 400m Hurdles and 4x 400 Relay.
- Elaine Thompson Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Josh Rosen Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Bronny James Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Sonya Curry Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Roy Jones Jr Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family