- Match: Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians (CSK vs MI)
- Date- 12th May 2022
- Match Format- T20
- Venue- Wankhede Stadium
- Time- 7:30 PM (IST)
- Weather Forecast- Clear, 29℃
Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians (CSK vs MI) Today Match Prediction Preview:
Welcome to the CSK vs MI Today Prediction curated by Kheltalk cricket experts. Chennai Super Kings will face their fierce rivals Mumbai Indians in the 59th match of the TATA IPL, 2022 on Thursday, 12th May 2022 at the Wankhede Stadium. Keep on reading for more information on the CSK vs MI game.
Mumbai suffered another disappointing loss in the last match against Kolkata despite heroics from Jasprit Bumrah. They have struggled for all-around collective performance and their misery is expected to get even worse after Suryakumar’s departure from the tournament due to injury. Chennai vs Mumbai is a very old rivalry and Mumbai definitely would want to take revenge for the last encounter’s bitter loss.
Chennai Super Kings are still in the hunt for playoffs after their crushing victory against Delhi Capitals at DY Patil Stadium. They have been imposing in the last few games after the inclusion of Devon Convey at the top of the order.
His partnership with Ruturaj has given the vibes of last year’s Faf and Gaikwad. Chennai can still make it to the playoffs if they continue their resurgence and defeat the mighty Mumbai Indians.
Top Batsmen for CSK vs MI
- Ruturaj Gaikwad (CSK)- 10 Matches, 306 runs at 135 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Shivam Dube (CSK)– 8 Matches, 276 runs at 164 strike rate (last 8 games)
- Tilak Verma (MI)- 10 Matches, 312 runs at 135 strike rate (last 10 games)
- Ishan Kishan (MI)- 10 Matches, 240 runs at 106 strike rate (last 10 games)
Top Bowlers for CSK vs MI
- Jasprit Bumrah (MI)- 10 Matches, 10 wickets at 6.95 economy (last 10 games)
- Daniel Sams (MI)- 7 Matches, 8 wickets at 8.77 economy (this season)
- Dwayne Bravo (CSK)- 8 Matches, 13 wickets at 9.28 economy (last 8 games)
- Mukesh Choudhary (CSK)- 10 Matches, 13 wickets at 9.62 economy (last 10 games)
CSK vs MI Today Match Prediction Scenarios
Scenario 1- If MI bats first
- First Innings score prediction- MI is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- CSK will win the match by 4 wickets.
Scenario 2- If CSK bats first
- First Innings score prediction- CSK is expected to score 160
- Result prediction- MI will win the match by 4 wickets.
CSK vs MI Today Match Prediction, IPL 2022, Who Will Win the Match?
CSK to win
Chennai Super Kings are in very good space after Dhoni’s return to captaincy and they are still in contention for the playoff. The best thing for them is that Devon Convey and Ruturaj have been smashing runs in the last few games and the Wankhede pitch will suit their tempo. Chennai also has some good cutters using bowlers who could make most of the pitch in case of a slow surface. We think Chennai Super Kings are likely to win this game.
Team Update/Players Availability/Injury News
- Chennai Super Kings are expected to retain the same team
- Mumbai might replace Ramandeep for Anmol Preet
CSK vs MI Probable Playing 11
MI Playing XI
Ishan Kishan (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Tilak Varma, Tim David, Kieron Pollard, Anmolpreet Singh, Daniel Sams, Murugan Ashwin, Kumar Kartikeya, Jasprit Bumrah, Riley Meredith
CSK Playing XI
Devon Conway, Robin Uthappa, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Shivam Dube, MS Dhoni (wk), Dwayne Bravo, Simarjeet Singh, Maheesh Theekshana, Mukesh Choudhary
Squad for CSK vs MI, Match 59, IPL 2022
Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan (wk), Dewald Brevis, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Kieron Pollard, Ramandeep Singh, Murugan Ashwin, Jaydev Unadkat, Jasprit Bumrah, Basil Thampi, Fabian Allen, Anmolpreet Singh, Riley Meredith, Mayank Markande, Tim David, Aryan Juyal, Arjun Tendulkar, Hrithik Shokeen, Rahul Buddhi, Arshad Khan, Tymal Mills, Daniel Sams, Sanjay Yadav
Chennai Super Kings:
Robin Uthappa, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja (c), MS Dhoni (wk), Dwayne Bravo, Chris Jordan, Maheesh Theekshana, Mukesh Choudhary, Adam Milne, Dwaine Pretorius, Deepak Chahar, Devon Conway, Mitchell Santner, Tushar Deshpande, Hari Nishanth, N Jagadeesan, Subhranshu Senapati, Prashant Solanki, KM Asif, Simarjeet Singh, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, Bhagath Varma