Who is Deepak Chahar?
Deepak Chahar is a medium pace opening bowler who bats in the low order too. He represents the State of Rajasthan in the domestic circuit, CSK in the IPL., and the Indian team in ODI’s and T20.
Deepak Chahar plays in all the formats of the game at the domestic level and has only recently made his debut for the Indian National Team in ODI’s and T20’s but this does not include Test Cricket. This makes him a player who has played with the Red and white ball only.
Deepak Lokandersingh Chahar is his full name. He was born into a Hindu, Middle-class family on August 07, 1992. His birthplace is Agra, Uttar Pradesh in India.
Deepak Chahar’s Net Worth
Deepak Chahar’s net worth totals to $6 Million approximately as of 2021. His net worth includes the income he receives from all the sources, including the I.P.L. (all assets too)
Deepak Chahar Wiki:
Deepak Chahar was born on August 07, 1992, as Deepak Lokandersingh Chahar and has completed 28 years of age. His height in meters is 1.8 M, and he weighs 75 KGS.
|Full name||Deepak Lokandersingh Chahar|
|Date of Birth||August 07, 1992|
|Place of Birth||Agra, Uttar Pradesh in India.|
|Height||5 Feet 11 Inches|
|School||GD. Goenka Public School-Agra|
Deepak Chahar’s Family:
Deepak Chahar was born into a Jaat Hindu family on August 07, 1992, in Agra, Uttar Pradesh in India. His family consists of his parents and two sisters. His father Lokendra Singh Chahar is a retiree from the Indian Air-force. His mother Pushpa Chahar is a practicing Advocate. His elder sister is Malti Chahar, and she is a Bollywood film actress. He has a cousin brother who was raised alongside him, Rahul Chahar, and also plays cricket alongside him.
|Father||Lokendra Singh Chahar|
|Cousin Brother||Rahul Chahar|
Deepak Chahar Domestic Career:
At the start of the 2010-11 Ranji Trophy season, he recorded figures of 8/10 at Jaipur against Hyderabad. A total of 21 runs was all that Hyderabad could manage, which is the lowest total in Ranji Trophy history. Chahar’s swing bowling soon led to him being signed by the Rajasthan Royals.
During Rajasthan Cricket’s development camp in Jaipur in October 2016, Ian Pont and Catherine Dalton coached him. He developed a great deal of confidence and control there, which has allowed him to evolve into a power-play specialist. He was purchased by the Chennai Super Kings during the 2018 IPL auction. India B named him to its squad for the 2018-2019 Deodhar Trophy. Chahar started his List A career registering figures of 2 for 61 in the Central Zone encounter against Vidarbha in Vijay Hazare Trophy in February 2010. He took 5 wickets in 3 matches.
- His inclusion in India’s Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for England’s series was announced in May 2018.
- He made his India debut in the T20I series on 8 July 2018.
- Against England in his debut, he dismissed Jason Roy.
- As part of these UK trips, he was the second bowler to debut after Siddarth Kaul.
- He played his first One Day International for India against Afghanistan during the 2018 Asia Cup.
- His name was included in the Indian T20 squad to face the West Indies beginning in August.
- When he played against West Indies in the final match of the series, he earned the player of the match accolade.
- In addition, he played in a three-match T20I series against Bangladesh.
- As a result of his performance in the final match, his team won the series against Bangladesh.
- He took six wickets for seven runs from three overs in T20I, the best of all bowlers in the tournament.
- Additionally, he was the first Indian bowler to take a hat-trick and a five-wicket haul in T20Is.
- In addition to winning the match of the series, he won the player of the match award for the final match.
- His maiden ODI fifty came against Sri Lanka on 21 July 2021.
Also Read: Deepak Chahar’s Girlfriend Net Worth
Deepak Chahar on the bak of exceptional performances in the domestic circuit was snaffled up by the new franchise Rising Pune Supergiants. However, the two years Chahar played at Pune, he could only manage to play 5 games and take only a solitary wicket.
However, he had a remarkable turnaround in his performance when he went to Chennai Super Kings in 2018. MS Dhoni who had seen Chahar in the RPS camp gave him the duty to open the bowling and the Rajasthan bowler cashed in on the opportunity.
In the 2018 season, Chahar picked up 10 wickets in 12 games and showed that he had what it took to bowl on the biggest stage. The 2019 season was the breakthrough year for him as skipper Dhoni shrewdly used him with the new ball, often bowling three overs of his in the Powerplay. Chahar played 17 matches in the season and finished with 22 wickets at an average of 21.90 and a miser economy rate of 7.47.
Having recently performed excellently on the domestic circuit, Deepak Chahar was snaffled up by the new franchise Rising Pune Supergiants.
However, the two years Chahar played at Pune, he could only manage to play 5 games and take only a solitary wicket.
A remarkable turnaround in performance occurred in 2018 when he joined the Chennai Super Kings.
After seeing Chahar at RPS camp, MS Dhoni gave him the responsibility of opening the bowling and the Rajasthan bowler capitalized on it.
Chahar has taken 10 wickets in 12 games so far in the 2018 season, showing he has what it takes to bowl in the biggest of stages.
Dhoni used his new ball effectively in the 2019 season, taking three overs from him often in the Powerplay.
During the season, Chahar played 17 matches and finished with 22 wickets at 21.90 on average with a miser economic rate of 7.47.
Deepak Chahar’s Social media Appearence:
Deepak Chahar is active on social media these days & he has a growing following there. Deepak Chahar Instagram and other social Account Details are:
|253.2K Followers||Click Here|
|436,614 followers||Click Here|
|1.3 million followers||Click Here|
Deepak Chahar Stats
Now we look at Deepak Chahar Cricket Stats, consisting of his primary cricket stats & cricket Milestones achieved by him in his career.
|Playing Role||Swing and Pace Bowler|
|Batting Style||Lower order/6 down|
|Deepak Chahar’s Jersey number||#18 (India U-19) #23, 51 (Domestic)|
Teams Deepak Chahar has played for:-
|Teams for which he played||India, Rajasthan, Rajasthan Royals, Rising Pune Supergiant, Ajmer Panthers, Chennai Super Kings, India A, India B|
Deepak Chahar’s I.C.C. Batting Rankings
Deepak Chahar’s Career Statistics
Here we have all Deepak Chahar’s achievements, including his career statics, batting career summary & all his necessary cricket information.
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
Unknown Facts about Deepak Chahar
- Once he decided to become a cricketer and devoted himself to the sport, he stopped studying. In the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy, he made his First-Class debut for Rajasthan against Odisha at the age of 16 against his paternal uncle and his elder brother.
- A year after the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy, his younger brother Rahul, signed a contract with Mumbai Indians. Mayank Markande, who played the earliest match in the competition, overshadowed his younger brother’s poor performance although his younger brother did not have a match to play.
- Malti Chahar, who is a Bollywood actress and model, is Deepak’s sister. In some commercial promotions, Deepak’s sister has appeared in movies such as Manicure (2017). Additionally, she was runner-up at the 2014 Miss India contest in Delhi. The latest Bollywood film she was in was Genius (2018).
- In the past, Rahul bowled quickly like his cousin Deepak Chahar, but after the latter noted that he is better with leg-spin, he switched over to leg-spin.
- BCCI named Deepak Chahar to the Board President XI squad geared up for its match against New Zealand in October 2017, but the Board later admitted their error, and Rahul was included in the squad. It was disappointing that he did not get to play in either of the two games.
- In the tradition of Praveen Kumar and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Chahar was taught swing bowling by his father at the coaching academy, who would make sure his son always bowled with the new ball despite the financial strain procuring so many new balls caused.
Deepak Chahar Controversies
As of date, no controversies are surrounding Deepak.
Deepak Chahar Achievements:
- The figure of 6 wickets for 7 runs achieved by Deepak Chahar is the best in the shortest format of the game. As well, the 27-year-old scored a hat-trick in the game on Sunday in Nagpur.
- India’s pacer moved 88 spots up the latest ICC Men’s T20I Team Rankings following his record-breaking performance against Bangladesh. As a result of his bowling, India won the match and secured the series 2-1. At the end of the game, Chahar admits that he never even considered this possibility in his dreams. Chahar took six wickets for seven runs in his team’s T20I series against Bangladesh in January 2020, earning the ICC’s T20I Performance award.
- It doesn’t take much for Chahar to show that he has what it takes to bowl at the highest level. Chahar picked up 10 wickets in 12 games during the 2018 season. He made his breakthrough in 2019 after Dhoni shrewdly used him with the new ball, often bowling three overs of his in the powerplay.
- Chahar played 17 matches in the season, taking 22 wickets, and his average was 21.90 and his economy rate was 7.47.
- As part of RPS’s IPL debut, he got Hashim Amla for a big wicket. A big highlight of his expertise is combining a deceptive googly with a leg break delivery. When he played for England’s Under-19 team, he took 10 wickets in four Youth ODIs, yet he did not make the World Cup squad.
- Sanjana Ganesan Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Rishabh Pant Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Salary, Property, Affairs
- Shikhar Dhawan’s Ex-Wife Ayesha Mukherjee Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Affairs
- Isha Negi (Rishabh Pant’s Girlfriend) Net Worth, Income, Age, Family, Social Media, Property
- Sarah Raheem (Kane Williamson Wife) – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Name, and Unknown Facts
- Harry Kane Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs, Family
- Dinesh Karthik Net Worth 2021: Income, Endorsements, Cars, Wages, Property, Affairs